Soggy Cat!

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Soggy Cat!

Post by alanc »

Well, I warned her it was going to rain, but Tilly insisted on going out anyway. She has just returned an extremely soggy bedraggled cat expecting daddy to cuddle her and dry her off!
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Soggy Cat!

Post by Lilith »

Lol - typical isn't it? And from what I've heard of Tilly that must be quite a job - more fur than cat!

I once had a very fierce tomcat who moved in and would do the same; I used to get a pad of kitchen roll and swab him down - 'think of it as your mother's tongue.' But he was shorthaired.

Do you have a set of special Tilly-towels?

Or is that a Tilly question? :lol:
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by alanc »

I must admit there are times when I think a long haired cat is a bad idea. In that Tilly thinks she owns everything in my house, I suppose you could say all my towels are Tilly towels! Actually, I have towel hanging by the back door specially for the purpose of draping over her and absorbing some of the moisture before it gets everywhere else. Its only ever partially successful though on days like this!
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Ruth B »

I seem to have had more than my fair share of cats that didn't mind getting wet.

First there was Sam, the big black bruiser that adopted us when I was a child, a bruiser to other cats, but a real softy where humans were concerned. He would happily sit out in the rain, come in soaked to the skin, be towel dried and then go straight back out. I think he enjoyed a rub down with a warm towel.

My current youngster Saturn, doesn't seem to mind the rain and frequently comes in wet, but not soaked like old Sam did. His normal response is to find out where I am and come and sit on or by me and have a good shake. I do have a couple of towels that i use to dry him on.

And then there was Blue, our old Ragdoll, who loved the rain. Many breeders say that Ragdolls should be kept inside so we always joked that no one had ever told him cats don't like the rain. He would come in soaked through with a centre parting straight down his spine where his fur was plastered against his sides. I've just been fitting my new pond today and it is about 3 to 4 times the size of the old one. We couldn't help but look at and think that if Blue had still been around we would have found him swimming in it at some point. The only reason I feel he didn't join me in the shower was we kept the bathroom door shut.

Maybe I should just get a Turkish Van next and have done with it.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

If Bob comes in wet, he comes looking for me, 'mum I'm wet, dry me!' He will stand patiently while I dry him with kitchen towel. Having only three legs he needs a little support while I dry his feet. But he is happy to let me do it. Just try it with Grace - you'd be wearing her! :shock: