The prodigal cat returns

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

The prodigal cat returns

Post by alanc »

It was two years ago today that Badger died. Tilly decided to take my mind off it by going AWOL. So I have spent the evening going round the neighborhood looking for her. Eventually found her in a large garden three doors down, making her leisurely way home 4 hours late for dinner (and I had been round there looking for her 2 hours earlier). Repentant? Not a bit!
Judy Barnett
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: The prodigal cat returns

Post by Judy Barnett »

I know what that's like. When Yowlee was near the end of his life he disappeared for a whole night. I was convinced he'd gone off to die somewhere as cats sometimes do. I looked for him up and down the street until midnight, then sat up all the rest of the night with the window open. I must of eventually nodded off and when I woke up in the morning, there he was in the kitchen tucking in to his tea, no apology, no 'sorry mum for making you worry', no nothing. :roll:
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

What a day to choose to go walkabout! Naughty Tilly - but welcome back :D

I remember the Yowlee episode, Judy - you must have been distraught! A healthy cat going missing is dreadful, but a poorly one ... well ...

So good when all's well that ends well :)
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by alanc »

Judy, I remember your Yowlee worries as well. Had some similarities to Badger's last few days. He also went missing and did not turn up until 3.00am on the Tuesday morning. I took him to the vet later that day because he was so lethargic, where it was only at the end of the consultation that his vet decided to give him the scan that showed up the tumor on his spleen. At least it gave me some comfort that If it is so difficult for even the professionals to detect cancer in cats, what hope is there for the rest of us detecting it?
Judy Barnett
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Judy Barnett »

In my opinion I'd be much better off seeing my vet for my own ailments. A lot more sympathetic, logical and concise diagnosis all round ;)
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Hear, hear, well said. Vets get just as long a training and also study more about nutrition than our doctors (which usually amounts to bxxxxr all) :lol:
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by alanc »

Not only that, you get to see them the same day as you ring up to make an appointment. Last time I had to see a doctor it took a week to be seen. Many years ago, when Honey and myself were taken ill on the same day, Honey had been seen, diagnosed, had blood tests done (with results back and discussed with me) and treatment started before I even got to see a doctor, let alone have any treatment. OK, the vets did have a 5min start, as I rang them first!
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by alanc »

Well, Tilly has been on her best behavior since Monday, in on time waiting for dinner. Just wondered whether she still remembers the other events of 2 years ago, where she wandered in at 4pm expecting dinner only to be whisked off to the vets to give blood for Badger's operation and didn't get dinner for a long time. Probably rather fanciful to think she deliberately stayed away because of that!