Help! my cat keeps visiting a neighbouring family

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
JosephineRascal
New Cat Chatter

Help! my cat keeps visiting a neighbouring family

Post by JosephineRascal »

Hi, I need some advice.
A family with a young girl and an older boy moved in to a neighbouring house about a year ago. The girl became friendly with my cat. When my cat started becoming difficult to find to bring into the house in the evening I tracked her down to this family and realised that they had been letting her in the house. I tried to talk with them and explain that she is legally my cat, that she is microchipped, and that she has health issues with high vet bills. I asked the mother to make sure they stopped taking her in as my cat was confused as to where her home was (she had become grumpy when she was brought into our house).
While they're making efforts to make sure she is not let in, I am always finding her outside their house and she is becoming increasingly grumpy again. I give her treats, cuddle her when she wants to, let her sleep where she wants, feed her a good diet and play with her when she wants. She has always been an outdoor cat, but I fear I am losing her. Any ideas on what I can do?
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Help! my cat keeps visiting a neighbouring family

Post by Kay »

perhaps they would be up for rehoming a cat for themselves - one that would see off yours, hopefully! do you have a local rescue you could find details from of cats awaiting new homes?

if you could possibly get your girl back home and at the same time rescue another that would be worth the effort