Bella is at the vet's.

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
filardimarg-9
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Bella is at the vet's.

Post by filardimarg-9 »

I took Bella back the RSPCA this afternoon for them to take her to the vet's early tomorrow for her dental work, I hated taking her, she must think I have abandoned her, we have to collect her again about 4pm tomorrow.

I have found out more about her background...........she was a stray in Birmingham, a lady there traps the strays & takes them to any rescue that has space to take them. So the RSPCA don't know her age, I is nice to know her background, well at least some of it.

Marg.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Bella is at the vet's.

Post by Lilith »

Aww poor Bella - it is awful when you can't explain to them! AND the waiting for when you can go and pick them up, hellish!

Hope all goes well - I'm sure it will, and that the time passes as fast as possible and you'll be reunited soon, love and hugs to both you and Bella x
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Ruth B »

Poor Bella, but I'm sure she will feel better once it is all done and she realises that she is back home again.

Living in Wolverhampton i have heard some of the horror stories about animals rescued from certain areas of Birmingham. We may never know if Bella came from one of the really bad areas but whatever the case at least she is off the streets and safe with you in a loving home.

I remember when our old Ragdoll had to have his dental work done, when we collected him afterwards the vet made sure we knew that his mouth would be sore and to mix his wet food with extra water so he could eat it easier. Unfortunately the vet didn't tell Blue. As we had two cats at the time we had left the normal dried food down for the other to graze on through the day and hadn't picked it up before we went to the vets. The moment we let Blue out of his carrier he went straight to the crunchy bowl and was head first in it, not caring about his sore mouth in the least.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Yeeeessss ... you spend the waiting time making a special trip to the supermarket and buying a Very Expensive piece of fish, cooking it carefully and serving it up daintily to the returned hero or heroine, and the ungrateful little git gives you a reproachful look and says, what's this muck? Where's me Whiskas then?

Only two and three quarter hours to go - she'll have been through the worst of it by now :)
filardimarg-9
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by filardimarg-9 »

Well the saga goes on & on............I was just preparing to leave home to go & collect Bella this afternoon when the phone rang, it was the RSPCA saying the vet's didn't have time to do Bella's teeth today, she will have them done tomorrow, poor girl, she will certainly be thinking we have abandoned her, I hope they have fed her.

Marg.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Well that just makes me mad - so I can only guess at how you must be feeling! Poor little Bella!

What a balls-up eh? :x :evil:

Hope you're reunited safely tomorrow (hugs) x
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Kay »

I think I read somewhere that cat dentals are left till last on the surgical procedure list, though I can't remember why
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Ruth B »

Poor Bella and poor you, I hope she's first on the list today.

I don't know about dentals being left til last, but I had heard that cats that are left at the vets overnight can be first on the list as the vet knows that they haven't been given anything to eat for a known number of hours. Less likely to have them trying to throw up and causing complications while under anaesthetic. Unfortunately there are far too many people who have the impression that a couple of treats won't hurt, or take the dried food up first thing in the morning, not thinking that the cat might have been at it moments before. Mine always stay overnight at the vets, trying to starve one cat in a multicat household would be a nightmare.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Kay wrote:I think I read somewhere that cat dentals are left till last on the surgical procedure list, though I can't remember why
I believe that they prefer to separate 'clean' jobs ie surgical ops needing complete sterility from 'dirty' jobs such as dentals (though of course sterility still has to be observed but there'd be a lot of bacteria flying about.) For instance they wouldn't do a dental on a cat who had been anaesthetised for spaying even though it might seem to make sense to do both jobs under one lot of anaesthetic, for the cat's sake.

Very unfair ro poor Bella though! Good luck for today Marg and Bella too! :)
filardimarg-9
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by filardimarg-9 »

Bella is home, I got a call about 11AM, I got her out of the carrier & she started to purr, bless her.

Marg.
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Ruth B »

Great news.

I've had a couple that always seemed so grateful just to realise that they had been brought home and always seemed a little more affectionate for a few days afterwards, as if they wanted to make sure i knew how happy they were here and to make sure i wouldn't abandon them somewhere.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

:D :D :D

So glad! Lots of fusses and good wishes to her, you must be so relieved and so must she! :D
filardimarg-9
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by filardimarg-9 »

I had to give her some pain meds at 5pm, she was really good, my OH held her & she was quite still & took the meds very easily, she then went straight to her food dish, bless her.

Marg.
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by Mayday21 »

Hi Mary so pleased that Bella's home after a delay. I can just imagine how you felt when told she had to stay overnight!!! Keep us posted on her progress after her dental. Fusses to her. Vivian
filardimarg-9
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by filardimarg-9 »

Thank you all so much for the replies, it means a lot to me.

There is an organised firework display going on just now not far from me, I went up to see if Bella was ok with all the bangs & bright flashes, she is fine, sitting on the bed as if nothing is happening, I really can't believe how she has been, she takes everything in her stride, nothing seems to worry her............except coming down stairs lol.

Marg.