Am I quite mad?

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Am I quite mad?

Post by bobbys girl »

OK so here's the thing, a couple of weeks ago the lady who owned our Willow's mum called to say a very pregnant stray had turned up at her house and promptly had four kittens in the same shed in which Willow was born. She was going to keep mum and the littlest kitty, her daughter had claimed a very pretty tabby and that left two black kittens, a boy and a girl - did we know anyone who would take one (or both)!

I know our Bob misses his uncle Tom, (so do we) they got on very well. We thought about giving the boy a home. I have been to see them a couple of times, letting them climb all over me and today I took a towel Bob had been lying on and let them smell it and sit on it. Back home again Bob ignored it but Purdy and Willow sniffed every inch.

Now I get to the point of this post - we have sort of picked a name, Freddie for the little chap, but today when I saw his sister stand up to our neighbour's curious Yorkshire Terrier, the name Billie popped into my mind. OH GOD, PEOPLE can we REALLY manage TWO kittens? :shock: :o OH says 'I'll leave it up to you', gee thanks! :roll: It will all depend on the reaction of Bob and top cat Purdy (Grace won't like it whatever we do!) So what do you think - am I mad? I think I know the answer.
'Freddie'
'Freddie'
'Billie'
'Billie'
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Am I quite mad?

Post by Lilith »

Aww! :D

So lovely to have some light relief after a VERY gloomy day!

You know what they say - two kittens are less work than one because they kick hell out of each other ... :lol:

Congrats in advance! :D
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Kay »

it would seem Freddie and Billie have already claimed you for themselves, so you might as well give in gracefully

you know you won't regret it - well, not for 75% of the time anyway
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mayday21 »

Hi Sue all I can say is .... we're suckers .... :lol: :lol: Vivian & the famous 4 from Oz.
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Ruth B »

Just as crazy as the rest of us.

They certainly look like they will be two little gorgeous bundles of mischief for you.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Well I've gone and been and done it! We went into Pets at Home and bought a small dog cage. Thinking is - the kitten/s can spend the night in there keeping him/them safe and giving the others a break. Failing that, if Bob doesn't like the kitten/s then I can sleep in it - then I really WILL be in the dog house! :roll: :lol: :lol:

Just as I was coming out of Tesco I met a friend of mine. I don't see her that often and it always seems to be in Tesco :? She is another stray magnet and I had been wondering if she would take the little girl. Wouldn't you know it she has JUST taken in a little, white ball of fluff kitten that her partner discovered in his van's engine compartment! Otherwise she said she would have taken 'our' little girl.

Looks like I am about to become mum to TWO kittens after all - Freddie and Hana (changed my mind on Billie - too many 'ie's' in the family) Hana means flower in Japanese.

BTW Purdy and Willow have just tried out the cage for size..Now it's just mummy's boy, Bob.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I did mean to say, all the best people are mad! :D

Hana is such a pretty name, and unusual too.

Make the most of the remaining peace, for it looks like the Terrible Twins are coming ... :lol:
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

A pair should be easier to introduce, as they will play with each other, and not annoy the others as much
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by meriad »

No way could I ever choose between two kittens - I'd always end up with both coming home with me

Congratulations :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and looking forward to hearing all about them, their new lives and adventures
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Thanks for your comments folks. My friend says she thinks they are about nine weeks old. I think they look younger. What do you guys think?

I'm going to see them again this week, complete with that same smelly towel!
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

I may be wrong here, but I've always thought kittens' blue eyes didn't start changing colour until 6 or so weeks?
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

Lilith wrote:I may be wrong here, but I've always thought kittens' blue eyes didn't start changing colour until 6 or so weeks?
No, you are right
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Went to see the kittens this afternoon and took some photos and a couple of videos. Try as hard as I might I just can't upload, download or even sideways load the flippin' things. You will just have to take my word for it they were SOOO cute rolling around on the rug together. After a couple of attempts I hope to post some photos. This pooter has gremlins this evening! :twisted: :twisted:
rsz_023(7).jpg
Mummy Tilly with three kitties
rsz_027(8).jpg
Can't remember what they are calling the top one (such a pretty cat), then Smokie, Freddie and Hana.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Aww! :D

I like the way mother cat is having a nice stretch and clearly thinking, 'about time I got some time to myself!'

These guys are very lucky to have found you and your friend :)
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Hopefully what follows is a link to the video I took of Freddie and his siblings. Hana is the other little black kitty.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkeMGnkIY1M
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mayday21 »

Hi Sue calendar kittens :lol: So cute. Vivian
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Well 'K' day has arrived and there is no going back. I have just finished mopping the floors and OH has gone out in search of extra kitty litter that I forgot to get yesterday.

We are going to collect them after 2PM - that's when the fun starts!. :shock: :lol:
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Congrats - and your life will never be the same :D

Happy days - if a trifle hectic :lol:

Lots of love to the new arrivals and also to the residents x
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

Good luck!!
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

They're home. Note to self - wear thicker socks! So far so good. After an initial, brief introduction, they have had te run of the kitchen and have explored all the corners.

Hana had a mouthful of food then wanted a cuddle. Freddie climbed up my leg, over my shoulder and made his way over to the meat I have ready for our tea (this is after he wolfed his own food and most of Hana's).

Willow ran around the back of the sofa, Gracie opened one eye and went back to sleep. Bob stared at them from his comfy spot on the bed. Only Purdy has responded by slinking up to the puppy cage they are now in (asleep) and giving them a good sniff.

I think a cup of tea is in order.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Aww bless!

Is Freddie following in the footsteps of his Uncle Tommy? :lol:
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Ruth B »

Sounds like they are making themselves right at home.

Freddie sounds like my Saturn when it comes to food, 'what's mine is mine and what's yours is mine'.