Growing Whiskers?

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Growing Whiskers?

Post by Lilith »

Aww that is a cool photo (in every sense!) of Tilly, Alan, she is gorgeous. :D

I found this on Youtube - these guys are having a ball - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AA78yiOygcQ

Just hope there were plenty of warm towels to dry them off when they came home!

Queensland's tropical, isn't it, Vivian, or just about? Beautiful country!

Ireland's been getting some weather lately, Bobbys girl :o Hope things get better soon; forecast isn't so dramatic ... we hope ... supposed to be milder ... again we hope ...

My lot are still hibernating; poor Emily's been a little bit off-colour, not enough to bother her with the vet, but a bit of sniffles, then a wonky ear, which I put drops in tonight ... she purred! Obviously a 'not comfortable, Lil, but I'll trust you' purr, but what a good girl. Molly watched the whole thing jealously - 'why's she having ear-drops and not me?' :)
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by alanc »

Called in to see a friend of mine this morning. He is just back from Egypt. When he got on the plane over there it was 35°, when he arrived in Dublin it was -8°!!! He said he had a good mind to get on the next plane back. :lol: :lol:
I had an experience like that coming back from Ghana a few years ago - quite a shock to be dumped on the tarmac at Heathrow early in the morning in freezing temperatures when still wearing tropical gear!
Lillith - that's a great video, the one at 2:36 isn't Tilly, honest!
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Lol Alan when I saw that tabby I did think of Tilly (though other videos suggested weren't as good, with stupid people laughing at the cats or letting them jump off balconies into snowdrifts :evil: ) but those cats were clearly enjoying themselves - wonder how my Molly, the ginger ninja, would react to serious snow, sure to be in an original way, the madam, but for practical purposes we're NOT dreaming of a white Christmas ... again good luck to us all :)
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

OH just showed me a video from YouTube that popped up on his Facebook page. Don't know how to link it to CC but you can find it as 'How Christmas feels when you have a cat'.

We only let the kittens out for half an hour after I finished decorating the tree. It was chaos! :shock: They made a bee line for the tree, trying to climb it, whacking everything and running around the base dragging the cables after them. It was like a small earthquake in the corner of the room.

OH is now going to sort through the pile of wood behind the shed to find enough timber to make a 'skirt' (Berlin Wall) for the tree before we let them out in the lounge again.
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Kay »

are you sure they won't just see the Berlin Wall as another challenge? after all, all the talk of cat trees must be confusing to any cat

my money is definitely on them to conquer the wall and claim the tree - all you can do is remove anything made of glass and keep your camera handy
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The last Christmas tree I ever had was in 1983 after the arrival of 2 3/4 Siamese kittens, George and the Leopard. The minute I got the tree out of its box George leapt on it and hugged it - and that should have warned me. Eventually I just left unbreakables on the thing and replaced them every night after the miscreants had fallen asleep after their hard day's work duffing up the tree ...

Yes, I don't think a fence will keep the little horrors off, but good luck!

Photos, please! :lol:

Around the same time I knew a cat rescue worker who had taken on a cat appallingly injured (sadly by human agency; a nasty story which I won't repeat.) She didn't really know whether he'd live or die - until on Christmas Day he got his head up and started batting the baubles off the Christmas tree. As she put it, 'I cheered him on!' He recovered to lead a normal life :)
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by alanc »

I gave up having a Christmas tree when Badger and Tilly came along. Two playful kittens who loved climbing, each weighing as much as a normal fully grown cat, were just too much to expect any tree to cope with!
I too don't think the Berlin Wall is going to work!
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Well we will soon find out. Tea is over and the dishes washed. Play time starts any time now! :shock: :?
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Well it lasted all of 30 seconds! Out of the puppy cage, give Auntie Grace a quick whack on the way past then UNDER the bookcase and around the wall (I forgot they can get under the bookcase) :roll:
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Ohhhh nooo! :lol:

Any moment now -

TIMMBBERRRR!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: