Fatty & small liver

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Bella1603
New Cat Chatter

Fatty & small liver

Post by Bella1603 »

My 18 month old girl after being mis diagnosed fo 2mths has been found to have a layer of fat under he liver & her liver smaller than usual, although being under the weather & lethargic she has been eating very well & hasn’t lost weight,her red & white blood counts are good but the blood test did show that she had cloudy plasma on top, she was also discovered to have mange as our other 3 have also been diagnosed with, apparently it is very common out here where we live in France, they are all been treated for the mange & Bella has been put on Silycure for her liver & now is a different cat, back to the naughty mad ways, the problem is my new vet is a little bit flummoxed by her condition, how long should we keep her on the Silycure for, has anyone else come across this condition before.
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Fatty & small liver

Post by Janey »

Hi, sorry I’ve no experience of the condition. It’s good that your vet has managed to help your cat finally, but if they aren’t that clued up on the condition and treatment hopefully they will look into it for you. Sending get well fusses to your little girl.