Double Trouble

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Double Trouble

Post by bobbys girl »

The kittens are growing fast. For most folks the 'terrible twos' is just a passing phase. I think I'm stuck with it! :lol: The tree comes down tomorrow and they will have to find something else to wreck. Here are a few new photos.
Billy and Fred Jan 2018
Billy and Fred Jan 2018
Freddie in the tree
Freddie in the tree
Bill and big brother Bob
Bill and big brother Bob
Billy checking the camera
Billy checking the camera
They both like a cuddle especially Billy, who has taken to sitting on my shoulder much to Bob's annoyance. I think he looks like Bob.
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Double Trouble

Post by Mayday21 »

Hi Sue love the pics - so cute. On waking these past morns found my winter woollen gloves (yes our early winter morns can be quite chilly while waiting in line for a bus) scattered throughout the house & last night who should come round the corner with one in her mouth - Harper - alas she dropped it before I could take a pic! :lol: Vivian
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

I can go one better than that Vivian! About 10 mins ago there was a crash in the kitchen. Billy appeared around the corner of the lounge door with a tin of Butchers cat food. It had been opened and was half empty - I had given them some for tea and put a plastic lid on it. Just right for little teeth to sink in and carry it. :roll: As we watched, he prised the lid off and started chomping on the contents. This is one seriously smart cat. :?
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Lilith »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Aren't they settling in well? Love the photo of Billy and Bob :D

I once had a black cat who was obsessed with loo roll inners and clothespegs. You'd often see her coming downstairs with a cardboard cylinder in her mouth, and as for the clothespegs, she'd rake them out of the basket and then howl to say that she'd found a Nest of the villains and killed them for me! When her back was turned I'd replace them to fight another day ...
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mayday21 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Sue & Lilith. As for loo paper I still hide it from Harper. However yesterday morning I heard her take the lid off the bin in my ensuite “Harper what you doing?” She popped her head out from the doorway innocence plus on - checking she’d been into one roll it was peppered with holes (claws I think trying to get the roll out) :o Yes Lilith some are far too smart for their slaves! TC is at the other end of the spectrum ;) Vivian
BobbiRobbie
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 0

Post by BobbiRobbie »

Your kitties are gorgeous, Sue. How old are your kittens?

My Charlie never seemed bothered with our Christmas tree. I suspect climbing it would have been too much effort for him :lol:

Jo
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Janey »

Absolutely gorgeous :D
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Jo - neighbour reckons they were born around 29th September. She was away for a few days and when she got back mummy cat was decidedly slimmer! :D

Heard from neighbour, she says all the cats are doing well and mummy cat has moved in.

They are going to have to go in the l kitchen while I put the decs away - here goes!
BobbiRobbie
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 0

Post by BobbiRobbie »

Aww, so young! Good luck with the decorations!
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Mayday21 wrote: As for loo paper I still hide it from Harper.
Is that so as to avoid the wonderful blizzard of Oz? :D
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mayday21 »

Lilith absolutely :lol: :lol: Vivian
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

I was making a pot of coffee this morning when there was a thump behind me. I turned to see a hairy, black, two-headed spider bounce off the door and come rolling into the kitchen. Only when it paused for breath did I realise it was the kittens! :lol: :lol: All those legs confused me.

They do this quite often now and their 'play' fights are getting a little more serious. They will chase and fight then collapse in a heap in front of the fire. Right now they are both asleep by the fire, (it's cold and foggy here) Billy is on the rug and Freddie on top of the cat carrier. They will soon be IN the carrier as they are going for their second vacc's. That might quieten them down a little.

The next problem is the cat flap. I think they have twigged what it is for. I just managed to catch Billy before he followed Purdy through it this morning. The 'out' is locked now, so the adults will hate us. :roll:

I know some folks out their are thinking of getting a kitten. I didn't think we could manage two (especially with four adult cats) but they do entertain each other and although they fight, they always sleep together.

Right, off we go!
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Typical!

Reminds me of those 2 Siamese x kittens who joined me in 1983 ... At the time I was living in a huge Edwardian terrace with a gorgeous panelled staircase with open twiddly (can't remember the technical term) banisters running up and round an open stairwell. I happened to be in the kitchen doorway one day when a black cloth dropped off the top of the stairs into the passage below. Funny, hadn't been dusting (when do I ever?)

Then the cloth sat up, stretched himself, tested all his limbs and dashed back upstairs to give his sister what for ...

They must be made of rubber!

Love to the terrible two and their long-suffering housemates! :D
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Did a bit in the garden today. Then while I was still dressed for the great outdoors decided to take the kittens for a walk.

Harnesses on, we stepped outside. Freddie rain round and round and straight back inside, dragging the lead behind him. :roll:

So Billy and I went for a little walk. We got up to the gate and the Postman arrived. His van frightened Bill and I let him run back to the house. The more he fears the other side of the gate, the better.

I gave him some fresh chicken and he was fine. :D
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mayday21 »

At least they stayed in them ... Harper rolled & rolled until she got out of it. I haven’t tried again. Has been suggested I try a different model; harness that is not the wearer :lol: Keep us posted if there are any more walkies in the great outdoors. Vivian