South or north paw?

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

South or north paw?

Post by alanc »

Interesting article on left or right pawdness in cats: https://www.sciencealert.com/cats-prefe ... -right-paw. Female cats are supposed to be more often right pawed, but I have just tried it out on Tilly, and can't say she prefers one paw to the other - she usually uses whichever paw is nearest!
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: South or north paw?

Post by Ruth B »

Our old tortie, Patch, and as normal a female, was very much a southpaw, but then again, what else would you expect from a tortie.

Just to mention as a bit of a sideline, dexter means right handed and from this we get dextrous and ambidextrous as most people know, what less well know is that the equivalent for being left handed is sinister, one reason why left hand people used to be viewed with suspicion.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Lilith »

Molly's a southpaw, northpaw, east and west paw, and if you're extra lucky you'll come in for a good clout from a backpaw! :lol:
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

I read that in the paper. I did wonder what Bob would be, ambidextrous? Only one front leg, but that doesn't stop him washing his face or climbing a tree! :shock: :D