Update on Bella.

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
filardimarg-9
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Update on Bella.

Post by filardimarg-9 »

Well she is doing much better..........I bought 2 Feliway Classic, just to see if it would help her at all, it seems to be working fine, she is much more relaxed, she let me pick her up & look out the window a couple of days ago, she was very interested, she comes down stairs a bit more but I think she will always be an up stairs puss, she comes down stairs in the late evening & rolls over & over on the hall carpet making that chirruping sound.
She is eating very well, so well infact I might have to cut down on her food, she was 3.5 kg when I got her in October, she must be more like 4.5 kg now & only a small cat under all her long fur, so I must nip it in the bud, I don't want her to be over weight, the only thing is, she is only having 40gr Canagan dry food & 2 X 70gr Applaws wet food a day, Applaws is a complimentary food not complete, I split this between morning & night, but she isn't very active, hardly ever plays, never goes out, so I think this is why she is piling on the weight.

Marg.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Update on Bella.

Post by booktigger »

40g is high, 20g is the equivalent of 1 pouch, so you are giving her the equivalent of 2 plus 2 tins. I'd either halve her biscuits or halve the wet food
filardimarg-9
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by filardimarg-9 »

Hi Booktigger............Really, the packet of dry food says 45gr a day, but that is if she just had the dry, so that's why I give her 40gr as I give her wet food as well. So you think I should cut the dry to 20gr a day or only give 1 tin of 70gr??

Marg.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by booktigger »

If you get according to the packet, you will end up with am overweight cat! Plus, if it says 45g for purely dry but you are feeding 40 plus 140g wet, that is way more than she needs