Not catty at all but if you guys have any old £10 notes ...

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Not catty at all but if you guys have any old £10 notes ...

Post by Lilith »

My good friend has just told me that old £10 notes are only valid for another 8 days ... :o :shock:

I knew they'd outlawed the old pound coin (the Thatcher - brassy and thick) but had no idea about the tenners ...

So guys, if you have a stash,
Get to the bank fast and turn it into legal cash ...

:o :D
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Re: Not catty at all but if you guys have any old £10 notes ...

Post by bobbys girl »

We still have paper £5 & £10 notes in NI - thank God!. I HATE those wretched plastic things and I'm not alone. When I am handed one in change I ask for paper. Shop assistants say a lot of people do. :D
You open your purse and the damn things make a break for freedom, boing! :shock:
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Ruth B »

I have heard one person say they like those notes, i can't remember where her husband worked , but it was somewhere where a lot got dropped out of pockets or purses, he was always finding them on the floor.

Personally I hate them. They might be able to survive the washing machine but the old paper ones could as well the odd time, and if you tumble dry the new ones you have totally lost them, they turn into shrinky dinks.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

I paid the window cleaner last night, the notes are that bouncy the pound coins kept falling on the floor!
jaxx311
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by jaxx311 »

Lol, as a Canadian we have had the plastic money for awhile now you get use to it. Lol Still though be glad yours has yet to look like Monopoly Money! :lol: :lol: :D
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Ruth B wrote:They might be able to survive the washing machine but the old paper ones could as well the odd time, and if you tumble dry the new ones you have totally lost them, they turn into shrinky dinks.
Heard something like that on the radio. A lady said she used to send her grandchildren a £10 note in a card for their birthday. She was in the habit of running an iron over them - a nice, crisp note. She did it with a plastic one and it was as more than crisp. :shock: :lol: She said she felt such a fool at the bank but they changed the note all the same. I was driving when I heard that - nearly ran off the road laughing. These things have a lot to answer for. :lol: :lol:
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Urrgh whaat?

The new ones are PLASTIC??? :shock:

Lol Bobbys girl, BOING!

Oh really what is the world coming to? Living banknotes!

I have a couple of old shabby ones which are going to the bank, well, that's £20 of litter, I mean, with three productive cats ... you mean I've got to keep any future plastic things chained up because they're lively ... well, I do have a faunarium somewhere where they can frolic ... do they need to be fed with mice? Crickets? Saucer of milk? Crickets sound smashing but they stink ... thought the drains were wonky when I kept a bunch in the hope that the tweeting (stridulating to the experts) would help me sleep. (Shurrup Lil!)

Hey up though, the government sprang that one on us, didn't it? I mean, my mate, he does all this stuff, papers, TV, radio, like what I doesn't and even he didn't know :shock: :x :evil:
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

Lilith wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

Urrgh whaat?

The new ones are PLASTIC??? :shock:

Lol Bobbys girl, BOING!

Oh really what is the world coming to? Living banknotes!

I have a couple of old shabby ones which are going to the bank, well, that's £20 of litter, I mean, with three productive cats ... you mean I've got to keep any future plastic things chained up because they're lively ... well, I do have a faunarium somewhere where they can frolic ... do they need to be fed with mice? Crickets? Saucer of milk? Crickets sound smashing but they stink ... thought the drains were wonky when I kept a bunch in the hope that the tweeting (stridulating to the experts) would help me sleep. (Shurrup Lil!)

Hey up though, the government sprang that one on us, didn't it? I mean, my mate, he does all this stuff, papers, TV, radio, like what I doesn't and even he didn't know :shock: :x :evil:
It's not been sprung on us, it is the same as all the other new coins/notes in the last couple of years, they are only legal tender for 6 months after the introduction of the new one, so was always March
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Ah well, I'm thick :lol: :lol: :lol:
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Lilith wrote:Ah well, I'm thick :lol: :lol: :lol:
Far from it Lilith! Just on a different plain. :D Just seen a trailer for some celebrity rubbish on tonight. OH said ' who the fluffy 'eck is that?' And we actually WATCH the TV!
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Thanks ... :oops: :lol:

I wuz fishing I confess ... both paws in the water ... up to the armpits, wet whiskers too :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Sorry guys again this is dreadfully self indulgent but for some reason remembered this really marvellous film of 'Carmen', shot on location, with Placido Domingo and Julia Migenes Johnson - clip below -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPEGo_Tkl1c

And I thought, I bet SHE lost count of all HER tenors!

Again apologies ... :oops: :lol:
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

:lol: :lol: :lol: you're never right, you know that, don't you? ;)

They should prescribe YOU on the NHS, not flippin' antidepressants!
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Aww, Bobbys girl, that is one of the nicest compliments I've ever had! :D :D :D xxx

Ah just a ps, about htat film, it is marvellous, but there are some bullfighting shots which are hateful, just had to add.

And good luck to us all with the tenners ... or tenors ... :D