What kinda cat is he!

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Moonladyheaven
New Cat Chatter

What kinda cat is he!

Post by Moonladyheaven »

He’s got a grey blue silvery coat is more like plush it has tips of silver looks like plush has white markings his chest boasts out and he has a heart shaped head he has a bad eye we are not sure what happened to him we have had it looked at we adopted him at age 2 he’s now 5 he’s is very cuddle with both me And my bf he sleeps with us and he has characteristics of a korat that have have looked up but they say no white to be korat he is quite big 12-14 pound male neutered is not overweight is muscle he plays maybe he could be a mix his color and coat is very beautiful nothing like I’ve ever seen very very soft he’s not shy he gives kisses and loves being petted he does get a lil iffy on his bad eye side sometime when petting but he has a perfect personality and good traits he gets an attitude sometimes but he is very spoiled I just would like to know what you guys think we love him either way we went to the shelter and he came up and gave me a kiss on my head I didn’t know but I knew he was coming home with us and he chose us and he’s perfect for us I didn’t choose him it was other way around he came home the next day after we got out home ready for him. It was fate for us. And we adopted him and never could imagine our life without him do you think since he’s so spoiled and loved and get so much attention at all times he may not like any other cats in the house I just wonder if he might want a Freind Yano but he’s def an alpha male. His name is mattie but we call him mattcat he came with the name and was never changed
Attachments
6D0A5E74-49BE-4995-87C4-A2235C11B15D.jpeg
C2536F1E-9C99-47A5-B122-0461F97F1455.jpeg
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: What kinda cat is he!

Post by Kay »

his greenish eyes and grey colouring would suggest he has some Russian Blue in his makeup, though it must be mixed because a pure Russian has no white

a surprising number of once feral cats have the grey colouring with a white bit on the chest, though - I have one myself - and they are nearly all handsome
cats052.jpg
Moonladyheaven
New Cat Chatter

Post by Moonladyheaven »

He is beautiful mine was a shelter cat so I was just trying to see maybe what he was make up might be thanks yours is beautiful also!
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Oooh what handsome boys! At first glance (and with my limited knowledge) Russian Blue came to mind.
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Ruth B »

He is certainly a beautiful lad.

Like the others, part Russian or British Blue were the thoughts that I had although i have no experience of the breeds. It doesn't take much for an escaped pedigree to add their genes to the local pool.

For me in the end it wouldn't matter, he is breed Mattcat and he is who he is.