Siamese kittens....

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Siam_03
New Cat Chatter

Siamese kittens....

Post by Siam_03 »

Hello! Have registered here in the hope of a bit of clarification from anyone who knows anything regarding Siamese cats. I was wondering if two pedigree Siamese cats but of different colour/markings ( eg blue point and seal point) had kittens together if the litter of kittens would still be themselves pedigree cats? Or can only two of the same markings on a Siamese make a pedigree litter? X
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Siamese kittens....

Post by Lilith »

Hi, Siam and welcome :)

Yes, of course they can - my first Siamese was a blue-point and her first 'husband' was a seal-point and they produced 3 seal girls, a blue boy and a chocolate boy (though a rather 'Bournville' chocolate I admit.) Seal is dominant over blue. All pedigree and registered with the GCCF.

Litter colours depend on what point colours the cat carries in its breeding - it's a long time since I bred so I've never googled Siamese genetics (had a couple of books) but there are bound to be guides online. A Siamese should come with papers including a pedigree detailing his/her ancestry ... needless to say you need to know this to avoid inbreeding. The breeder of your kitten should be able to advise you as well - mine was wonderful.

And whatever point colour the kittens emerge as, you can rest assured that they will be SIAMESE :D In other words you can never rest again, little horrors :lol: