Spring has sprung, and Tilly's roaming...

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Spring has sprung, and Tilly's roaming...

Post by fjm »

It happens every year. The first really warm, dry night and day and I wake up to no Tilly. Breakfast comes and goes and no Tilly. I take Sophy out to look, and she tells me Tilly is not shut in any of the local garages or sheds. I start asking the neighbours, and take a drive along the nearest road, just in case. And then several hours later Tilly appears, sprawled in the sun and completely unfazed, and ready to keep more regular hours again for a while. I think she revisits her wider territory as soon as the weather improves, hunting all night and then sleeping late - one of those occasions when a GPS collar would be really helpful, but I know she would lose it within hours!
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Spring has sprung, and Tilly's roaming...

Post by alanc »

My Tilly is just sprawled on my bed, complaining that her fur that is bred for New England winters is too hot for old English heatwaves!
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by fjm »

Even my Tilly had had enough sun by mid afternoon, and came in for a snooze on the sofa, but I think they are catching up on many months of inadequate vitamin D - it seems to have been wet or overcast for months here in Lancashire.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Lol, isn't that cats for you? One goes walkabout without bothering to phone home, the other looks balefully at you and says, can't you turn this weather off? I don't like it!

Thunderstorm last night in Wakefield, and today Molly and Emily (Mousey won't come out) have been helping me to deadhead the daffodils and turn the fountain thingy on ... well, it's a sort of lively dribble ... very soothing but all the neighbours will be running to the loo :lol: