Dingleberries

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
lazarus
Experienced Cat Chatter

Dingleberries

Post by lazarus »

A nice surprise for me stepping out the bedroom this morning, bit's Barley's of poo on the floor everywhere. On laminate flooring and carpet in the hallway. It looks like what I would call a dingleberry, :o a bit of poo that sticks and won't go where it is supposed to, I'm sure us humans get them occasionally too.
Checking Barley's rear end there was a pretty large dingleberry which was stuck to his fur, I assume he might have got in a panic and started rubbing his bum along the floor trying to get rid of it resulting in the long skidmarks etc on the flooring. Not the best way to greet the morning and he wasn't too happy at getting his rear end in a sink of water (lukewarm) to clean his bum. :D

Fortunately I had a spray bottle of Extreme stain+odour remover. All cleaned up now but the stain remover has a strong perfume pong to it, hopefully it goes away soon.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Dingleberries

Post by Lilith »

Oh lubbly jubbly - the joys of being a cat owner! :lol:

Yeah they do do this sometimes - my Mousey sometimes does but she's 16 now and her father (or the cat who I think was; they were ferals) was just the same; he'd wipe his backside on the carpet. Mouse is pretty good, she'll leave me a 'malteser' or two on a puppy pad. In her case it's old age - the muscles aren't as good at errrm eliminating and I keep Lactulose in just in case, but hopefully it's just a one-off with Barley.

If he does it again, those 'furball treats' are quite good at keeping them going - just the bog standard Whiskas ones I've found are fine, but hope you don't have any more happy *****y mornings like this, love to him and Bree :D

ps I used a word to rhyme with 'happy' but the swear filter didn't like it so I hope asterisks are acceptable :lol: