Lost cat day 10

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Rgw
Returning Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 4

Lost cat day 10

Post by Rgw »

My cat went out as normal but didn’t come home , living in quite a remote area fields and forests and a few neighbours local.
He always stays out for 12 hours at a time in summer in the past I have tracked his adventures and he spends most of his days in the forests but always comes home at night at the usual time but he didn’t .
Tonight is day 10 posters and leaflets are in nearly every shop within 5 miles. , they are all over the village and also posted hundreds to every house I’ve come across’ he is on over 30 social media sites who have shared them to lots of people . I have put litter from his tray outside, emptied the hoover contents been calling day and night .
My only hope is that we are experiencing a bit of a heat wave and his survival instincts have alerted him to keep cool in the forests.
I miss him so much it is agony not knowing where he is I just want to see his face again he is a big part of my life and I just feel lost without him. Everyone has been very helpful especially “cat people” which I have discovered are so pure with empathy that it is an energy that just radiates from them when they feel your dilemma. Anyway I’ve read so many posts of this subject for hope that I got tired of not seeing an outcome as to if the cat returned so I promise to update in the hopes that mine ends on a beautiful note and one day someone can look to my story for comfort.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Re: Lost cat day 10

Post by bobbys girl »

I am sorry to hear your cat is still missing after ten days. I really hope you get some good news soon and that he comes strolling back through the door, like nothing has happened. Everything crossed for his safe return.
Rgw
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Rgw »

Thank you. Me too. It is pure agony. I hunt morning and night I am hardly sleeping I just can’t understand what’s happened
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Lilith »

Hugs and good luck - all paws and tails crossed here for his safe return x
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Janey »

So sorry your cat has gone missing. Someone I know has a cat who tends to go awol during summer and comes home after a few weeks. I do hope your cat is home soon, everything crossed xx
Denise1959
New Cat Chatter

Post by Denise1959 »

I feel you pain first hand :cry: One of my cats disappeared on 7th July too and like you we are surrounded by fields.
We have done everything we can think of in an attempt to get him home. It's so difficult to know where else to look. My husband went out after dark last night and searched the fields and hedgerows with a torch. Unfortunately, the only effect was to startle a badger who was minding his own business. This is the second cat in 5 weeks that has gone missing from our garden. Even when we had up to 16 rescues this has never happened before. People have suggested that it could be a fox or a badger - I really don't know and don't want to think about that at all.
I will keep everything crossed that your fur baby returns hom very soon XX
Rgw
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Rgw »

My only hopes is that it’s the heat and to avoid getting ill from it he has gone away to keep cool. Animals ultimately know what’s best for them in the long term and I’m hoping that once this heatwave is over I will see him again and that you will see yours. I really don’t think it’s a fox or badger quite a lot of cats have gone missing over the last few weeks rescues have told me it just has to be the weather. That is my positive outlook whilst inside I am truly crushed
Denise1959
New Cat Chatter

Post by Denise1959 »

Let's just hope we get good news soon. Perhaps if we get some rain it will help bring them home X
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by alanc »

My old cat Misty went missing for 9 weeks, so don't give up hope yet. He was finally found about three quarters of a mile away, scrounging food from a cat whose owners had gone away for 2 months. Person feeding their cat just assumed they had two, not one! His missing cat poster at the local vets was what finally reunited him with me, when the other cats owners returned and went to the vets to get advice on what to do about the extra cat!
Rgw
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Rgw »

It’s 2 weeks today , the chip is a comfort to know that any minute I could get that call. There have been reports close to home but I don’t understand if he was that close why wouldn’t he come home. He loves the other 3 cats and he has the perfect home life he is treated like royalty ,granted I do lock them in at night andit has been really hot , maybe I answered my own question I’m told the weather is changing so hopefully it will change his mind to come home, everyone in the area knows I’m searching for him so I know he hasn’t find a new home
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mayday21 »

Hi RGW sorry to read about your kitty..below is what people have posted on the Lost Pet Finder site here.

“Tried rattling food/dishes, calling dawn/ dusk, putting litter tray out apparently they can smell for miles, posters, checking neighbours/vets/pound.”

Fingers & 10 front paws crossed from Oz.
Sniper1
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 18

Post by Sniper1 »

A friend of mines three legged cat went missing for six months and walked back in one day looking fine so don't give up cats can be funny creatures and very resourceful
Rgw
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Rgw »

Day 16 cameras are set up outside in the hopes that he is making a few return visits however I’ve been spending most of the nights out there looking for him.
The weathe4 has turned from the heatwave to rain I’m hoping this will encourage him home maybe reawaken his senses to find his way back.
When I stop and actually think about him missing panic sets in that I haven’t seen him for so long if it gets to the three week mark I don’t know what I’m going to do :cry:
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Still keeping everything crossed for his safe return.
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Janey »

So sorry you’ve still not found your cat, keeping everything crossed he’s soon home too x
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Everything still crossed here including eyes, and Shahi-python is crossing his tail - DO hope your boy comes back safely asap! x
Rgw
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Rgw »

Thanks everyone it’s awful without him
nanny pamy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by nanny pamy »

Still thinking of you. Hope you find him soon
Rgw
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Rgw »

The search is still on. Day 31 I know he’s out there I can feel him it’s just a long time without him
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by fjm »

It was over 6 weeks for one of my cats - don't lose hope.