Elsa ckd rip

Help & Support for those who have lost a beloved cat
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Elsa ckd rip

Post by Mayday21 »

Alas today I found my Elsa girl gone in the back legs, breathing laboured & really not with us. I raced her to the vet I volunteer for but I knew .... She was only with me for 5 years after being lost/abandoned in our 2011 floods & Deb from Little Paws asked me to 'foster' her as she was depressed. In 2014 she was diagnosed with Hyperthrodism & didn't cope with the meds. In Nov 14 she had radio iodine treatment. The Hyperthrodism masked her kidney issues & today she succumbed to the illness. I had her put to sleep telling her that she would meet Mayday @ the Rainbow Bridge. Not 3 mths since I lost my darling Mayday. Elsa will come home next Wed in a pink urn. I'm really sad as she was a lovely girl who had a traumatic life. My mum thought she belonged to an older person as she always made her way to mum when she heard her voice. My Elsa girl won't be waking me up tomorrow to go to work. And Jezebel, who's been me for a week is under the bed. I did think that her arrival speeded Elsa's demise but Dr Tia assured me this wasn't the case. Feeling sad & lost. Vivian
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Elsa ckd rip

Post by booktigger »

I'm so sorry to hear this, it's so much harder when it's unexpected. Please don't think taking Jezebel played a part, sadly they can only cope with kidney issues for so long. RIP little one
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Oh Vivian, I am so sorry to hear your news. You are really going through it right now. It must have been a shock for you, but by the same reasoning at least Elsa didn't linger and suffer. She is with Mayday at the Bridge right now.

Give Jezebel a fuss, if she'll let you. You never know, she might be missing her new friend too. (Hugs)

Sue
Wanda6688
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Wanda6688 »

Oh dear - so sorry, what a shock. Give your love to Jezebel, she will come round, give her time.

With best wishes xx
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mayday21 »

Hi Folks thanks for your words. I had a restless night & tears. Once again I'm grateful I was home on hols & didn't come home from work to find her. Jezebel sitting on window sill where she pulled the curtains down. The place where Mayday & Elsa are cremated called me late yesterday with their condolences. I cried all the way home from the vets. People were looking at me. I need to get up & get ready for work. Poor Elsa but I did my best but it just wasn't enough. We had a week together where I was at home from work. Thanks again. Vivian