Alfie

Help & Support for those who have lost a beloved cat
Amanda3266
Returning Cat Chatter

Alfie

Post by Amanda3266 »

Bit low this evening. It's been four days since my gorgeous handsome 8 yr old Ragdoll cat died very suddenly and unexpectedly.

Still cannot quite believe he has gone.

Popping in to see his previous vet on Monday who is very sensible. He hadn't seen Alfie but another vet had seen him the week before and found no abnormalities then. I suspect HCM which was asymptomatic until the final moments.

Missing him so much though and just need to write it down. He was such a big character and an utter fuss junkie. We had so many cuddles on Tuesday between him going in and out of the garden and eating etc.

Trying to feel some comfort about the fact he didn't suffer and that he lived a pampered life with us. We all adored him.
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Alfie

Post by Ruth B »

I really feel for your loss, there is something about Ragdolls, they are so cuddly and loving. We lost our Blue about 18 months ago and I still miss him, its only normal, they are so much part of the family. Be warned though, 18 months on and I can still drop something, and find it is covered in Ragdoll fur when I pick it up.

I can't say much in the way of comfort, you already know he had a wonderful life and didn't suffer at the end. You did everything you could but sometimes something happens that can't be foreseen even by the best vet.

All I can say is that time will eventually make the good memories overshadow the bad ones.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

I know what you are going through. It is almost a year since we lost Tommy. He wasn't a Ragdoll, but he was a huge cuddle-bunny of a cat.

Yesterday my OH bought chicken to make a curry. He had some left over and cooked it for the cats. The first thing he though of when he took it out the oven was 'Tommy would have loved this'.

Take some comfort from the fact that he didn't suffer and you gave him a wonderful life. (Hugs). Sue
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by Mayday21 »

Hi Amanda we understand your wave of emotions no matter the circumstances. As Sue commented on her OH's comment re Tommy you do something & you realise your fur babe is still very much with you in memories. Take comfort in that Alfie was very much loved. Rest assured as you work through this time you'll receive support here. Take care. Vivian