I can't cope, crying so much, she was my world
Keep looking everywhere for her
Don't know how to deal with this..my heart is shattered
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Can't cope with loss of Coco

Post by Ruth B »

Firstly let me say how sorry I am to hear about Coco, our pets are part of our families and the loss of any one of them hurts, don't let anyone try and tell you otherwise.

Next, let me say that what you are going through is perfectly normal and part of the grieving process, as is all the other emotional upheaval that will follow. All you can do is take it one day at a time. If you need to cry, then cry, there is nothing wrong with that.

There is very little I can say to make you feel better at the moment, but things will improve over time, try and concentrate on the good times you had together. Perhaps, if you feel able, tell us a little about Coco, her looks, her personality and all those little quirks that you used to smile about. Sometimes talking, even online, can help. While you haven't said what happened, age, illness or accident, I can be certain you did your best for her and gave her the best life she could have wanted.

Please believe me, you feel broken now, but things will improve, and remember Coco wouldn't have wanted you upset, I am sure she loved you as you loved her and she would want you to be happy again.
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Kay »

I think most of us on here have been in that dark place you are in now - grieving when they leave us is the inevitable consequence of loving them, but the love is always more enduring that the grief

yes, do share with us your memories of your girl - sometimes friends and family don't understand how devastating it can be to have to say goodbye to a beloved cat, but we know and you will find us ready to listen
Coco79
New Cat Chatter

Post by Coco79 »

Thank you for your kind words and support

It hurts so much to even write about her and think of the good memories as I want her back and cannot stop looking everywhere for her, am crying is all the time, I feel I can't cope with the grief, guilt and broken heart

She was 14, gorgeous long haired domestic, I got her when she was 8 and she helped me through cancer..she was my rock, my world and she has been taken away by cancer now.

Sorry if my words are everywhere, not in the right head space and crying writing this
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Kay »

sadly we will outlive several pets in our lifetime - all we can do is enjoy our time with them, love them and care for them, and ease their passing when our time with them comes to an end

Coco shared your life for 6 very important years, and she will stay with you always as a lovely memory - her actual passing, so raw now, is only a small part of everything you shared
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by alanc »

Very sad to read of your loss. I can relate all to well with your grief and difficulty of writing about Coco. Although the grief is overwhelming at the moment, it will get better with time. Having been through loss of a much loved cat 4 times so far, all I can say is that ultimately, the only cure is to get another cat - there are an awful lot of homeless waifs out there needing a loving home.
Last edited by alanc on Thu May 04, 2017 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

I am very sorry to hear about Coco. It is never easy to lose one of our fur babies, as others have said, it's the price we pay for sharing our lives with these charming, wonderful cretures.

It does get easier in time, but the grieving process takes as long as it takes. Know that we are here for you.

Sue xx
Coco79
New Cat Chatter

Post by Coco79 »

Can't say how grateful for all of your words and support, as much as I don't know you, I feel a bond that you know what I am going through and seek comfort that it will get easier. The messages you sent gives me a second thought of hope.

This has been the worst few days of my life and can feel physical pain in my heart. Feel so unhappy and want to smile again, im holding out that in the future the hurt of her not being here will go away and be replaced with good memories.
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by Mayday21 »

Hi I'll just concur with what Kay, Sue & Alanc have posted. I joined this site on losing my Mayday & the support I received was genuine & heartfelt. Our fur babes are special family members & the grief on their passing is intense but would we choose not to share our lives with such special fur babes. As the song by Annie Lennox (I think) goes "There's a fine line between pleasure & pain". Post anything & anytime & the empathy you receive through words will help you work through your emotions. And perhaps as Alanc posted when the time's right & the universe works in amazing ways, another fur babe will present to you. However they never replace one that's lost. Be kind to yourself. RIP little Coco & enjoy the Bridge with all our precious fur babes. Vivian