my cat hasnt come home, devastated

Help & Support for those who have lost a beloved cat
sharontag
Returning Cat Chatter

my cat hasnt come home, devastated

Post by sharontag »

my gorgeous baby boy 8 months old has been missing from Friday 17th November, I rescued him from a vet, who had picked him up as a feral with his mum, . so for the first 8 weeks of his life he lived rough. I have him and call him jasper. he is the most effectionate cat, I have 2 other cats but he is special, so different, . I am going out of my mind, I have walked miles and miles, rang vets, neighbours, rang council to check he hadn't been lifted. all I can do cry and cry and cry and feel hopeless. I cant eat or sleep I'm putting an advert in the paper which wont be due out until next Tuesday. he is microchipped and neutered. I'm just hoping he has got lost and will find his way back. he never went out for more than a few hours.

last year the exact same thing happened to another one of my cats, missing for 2 weeks, never stopped looking, and a neighbours dog found him in a field dead. I don't think I could cope if this happens again I'm heart broken, can someone please please tell me if this has happened to them with a happy ending. this is his 5th day away.
Attachments
IMG_3783.JPG
IMG_3783.JPG (57.36 KiB) Viewed 5654 times
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Re: my cat hasnt come home, devastated

Post by bobbys girl »

I am so sorry to hear that Jasper is missing. I have had two cats go missing without trace and two others who were just absent for a day. It's an awful, hopeless feeling isn't it?

My sister once lost one of her cats. He was gone a week. Like you she asked around, went looking for him and put up notices. Then, when she had given up hope, he came back. He had been locked in a neighbour's garage by accident. They went on holiday and discovered him when they came back. We don't know if he had found something to eat but he licked the condensation off the windows and that's what kept him going.

I really hope you get some good news soon. Don't give up hope. Sending good vibes your way. Come home Jasper.
sharontag
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by sharontag »

thankyou so much, yeah its a hollow feeling in the stomach, feel my stomach aching as if my hearts going to break. I'm gonna go walking again tomorrow and leave flyers away on up the road in some houses that are out on their own. xx
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Lilith »

Hi and welcome - and so sorry to hear :(

If Jasper's a friendly boy and gorgeous (as his photo shows) I wonder if he's been taken in by someone thinking he's a stray (young cats do go through that lanky stage I know and it's easy to think such a cat is in need.) Also your Jasper does look Siamesey and long and lean - beautiful boy.

A couple of years ago a beautiful tabby boy turned up in my garden; he said, I like you, cats here aren't there? Room for me? He did his damndest to get into the house and if I'd agreed, he would have settled with me, but I was afraid he belonged to someone so had to harden my heart and leave him outside. Left food for him though in case he was a stray (he WAS unneutered) and posted on stray cat sites, rang vets. But it would have been so easy to take him in and claim him as mine! I didn't see him again, always hope he was ok.

Don't give up hope - your lad may have been misguidedly taken in by someone and hopefully your fliers may alert them.

All very very best of luck - paws crossed! x
sharontag
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by sharontag »

thankyou so much for your reassurance, I'm taking today off, and I'm going to walk and walk and walk and leave flyers. I feel so sick, cant eat or sleep at all, and it is so cold out there now, he is used to lying on his back on my bed or knee xx
Aruna
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Aruna »

So sorry to hear about jasper! It's good to walk around and ask. Once my cat Oliver went missing in 2003. I felt the same way! I couldn't sleep nor eat. It was winter time and I was so worried. I asked all the neighbours that I could find and talk to, put up flyers and walked around in the night to search for him. Turns out one of my neighbours took him in and thought it would be his cat now. He was wron, Oliver was so happy to see me!

Anyway, I really hope for you to find Jasper again. Wish you all the best from the bottom of my heart.
Best, Aruna
sharontag
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by sharontag »

thankyou so much for letting me know about your cat oliver. how long was he missing for when you found him ? I don't think any of my neighbours in my development would have him as they all know I'm looking for him, its so cold outside , I'm worried sick xx
VickyJ
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by VickyJ »

Hi, I’m really sorry to hear about your beautiful cat Jasper.

Please don’t give up hope though. I’ve heard so many stories of cats that disappear for weeks and suddenly appear as if nothing has happened. I know it’s so hard though just not knowing. My cat who I had many years ago disappeared for just over a week, like you I was frantic, put posters up, searched and searched and then suddenly in the middle if the night she just hopped on the bed purring at me. She was very skinny, but fine.

Please keep us updated, I really really hope he turns up soon or at least you get some closure.

Thinking of you
Xx
sharontag
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by sharontag »

thankyou Vicky xx
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by Mayday21 »

Hi Sharon sorry to read about Jasper & sending you positive vibes. I belong to a lost pet site here & people have posted comments when kitties go wandering rattling dishes, food & putting litter tray out albeit our weather is a tad hotter than yours. It’s such a worry. You’ll receive heaps of support here. Vivian
Aruna
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Aruna »

sharontag wrote:thankyou so much for letting me know about your cat oliver. how long was he missing for when you found him ? I don't think any of my neighbours in my development would have him as they all know I'm looking for him, its so cold outside , I'm worried sick xx
I cant remember exactly, but it was around 6 days. Any updates? Did you find Jasper or hear anything about him?? Hoping the best for you
sharontag
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by sharontag »

no jasper hasn't come home yet, 10 days now, he has just vanished ! so cold outside, I just hope he is safe somewhere, its the not knowing that is killing me, my mind is working overtime wandering what happened. xx
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by alanc »

Sharon, I know what you are feeling. It it is any help to you, my old cat Misty went missing for 9 weeks. I think he got frightened by some noise and by the time he stopped running, he didn't know where he was. He was finally found three quarters of a mile away, having found a house with a catflap (and cat) whose owner was away. Person who was feeding them just assumed they now had two cats! Only advice I can give is to put up plenty of posters (especially at the local vets, post office and local shops) and go knocking on doors.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by booktigger »

One of our foster cats escaped on the 1st Nov, this afternoon he appeared crying at the door, so there is still hope. I've reunited chipped cats who have been missing years
sharontag
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by sharontag »

@booktigger aww thankyou for that, that has made me feel better, my wee cat had a bad start in life, he was born feral and lived feral with his mum and the only other sibling that survived for 8 weeks. the vet caught him in time, and he as the most affectionate cat, that's why I'm so surprised he left, he hardly went out. were you breaking your heart wandering where he had gone ? xx
sharontag
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by sharontag »

@alanc thanks for that, I know there is hope but its just every day is going so slow xx
sharontag
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by sharontag »

can I ask what age the foster cat is that went missing and came home ? xx
VickyJ
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by VickyJ »

Hi Sharon.

Just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you.

I’m guessing you haven’t had any news? There is always hope.

Hugs to you.

Vicky xx