Advice please

Queries and discussions about cat rescue & rehoming
HappyH81
New Cat Chatter

Advice please

Post by HappyH81 »

Hi there,

I have 2 6 year old cats who are brothers, and i do love them dearly. However i have came to a bit of a dilemma. I want outdoor cats and they dont like being out. If I keep them in doors they are running about my small 2 bedroom flat at silly hours in the morning. I have kept them in the kitchen at night but they have completely tore all wall paper off (this has been done over the years). My beds have been clawed the carpet in my daughters room has been ruined, and my new suite has also been victim.

I have tried the feline plug in thing, scratch posts, and sprays did all this when they where kittens but to no avail.

I feel i maybe cant give them the attention they need, but they arent really ones for coming up for a cuddle.

My boyfirend is wanting to decorate the house, but refuses to while we still have the cats, and to be honest I dont blame him.

Also my cats do not like young children, and I am hoping to be pregnant in the near future. Will they handle being rehomed? I feel and older woman or couple would ideally suit them.