Short Term Foster Preston/Blackpool

Queries and discussions about cat rescue & rehoming
clur84
New Cat Chatter

Short Term Foster Preston/Blackpool

Post by clur84 »

Hi

We rehomed our cat Charlie to a family 18 months ago due to moving house and our new landlord not allowing pets. We have just been called from a sanctuary saying that they have found him homeless and someone has been feeding him for the last 6 months. His microchip is still registered to us. We would love to have him back as we desperately miss him.

The problem we face is that we are currently waiting on buying A home after Christmas and we wondered if there were anyone who offered foster placements short term for a few months?
We have tried calling other local charities and rescue centers but no one seems to think this is possible.

If anyone could offer any advice then we would be very grateful. The rescue center said they could only keep him for a week but I am not sure what happens after this week is up?
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Re: Short Term Foster Preston/Blackpool

Post by Crewella »

Oh gosh - so nearly a happy ending! The best advice I can give you is to keep trying all the rescues in your area and tell them what you've told us, in the hope that your story will touch someone. Many rescues, especially the smaller independent ones, rely on foster carers for the cats in their charge and someone at one of the rescues might be able to put you in touch with a fosterer that might be able to help. There are also some shelters that sometimes offer temporary care at a lower rate than it would cost at a cattery in order to help fund the rescue spaces.

I imagine that the rescue can only hold him for a week before they will have to put him up for rehoming. I would check that though.

This a link to the rescues and shelters in the Lancashire area, I really hope that one of them can help!

http://www.catchat.org/index.php/cat-re ... lancashire