Need to rehome a Pregnant stray urgently

Queries and discussions about cat rescue & rehoming
darrylduplessis
New Cat Chatter

Need to rehome a Pregnant stray urgently

Post by darrylduplessis »

Afternoon

I have rescued a pregnant stray cat that has been living in my parents old age home garden for the past few months. We have been feeding her as well as some other strays however she has gotten pregnant over this time.

I have managed to coax her in and take her to my house however we cannot look after her as I have other cats and they not happy with her being around plus she is pregnant and it would be extra pressure for my house mate and I. I need her rehoming as soon as possible.

I was hoping that you are able to help as I have been referred to cat chat by the cat protection league/society where I have registered her on a waiting list. The RSPCA said they do not collect strays. I was hoping for your assistance with this and if you are able to collect her or I can drop her off if there is a shelter than look after her. I am worried about her chest also as she ‘coughs’ often.

Please let me know what I can do

Thanks Darryl
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Need to rehome a Pregnant stray urgently

Post by booktigger »

Hi Daryl, what area do you live in?
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Need to rehome a Pregnant stray urgently

Post by Janey »

Hi Daryl, welcome. It sounds like there could be quite a few feral cats that need neutering before it gets out of hand - or have they been done? We had a lot of ferals and we got them neutered with the help of Cats Protection and then continued to care for them. As Desley says, giving the area, which you can add to the title, may be helpful to anyone reading. Just be careful about giving her to anyone without a home check, as there are some horrible people about who use cats as bait. Here’s a list of rescues, there may be one who can help sooner, and do mention the other cats if they need trapping ad neutering otherwise you will have the same problem again. You can find your area here:

https://www.catchat.org/index.php/cat-r ... uk-ireland

Best of luck!