Meet Lola

Queries and discussions about cat rescue & rehoming
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Meet Lola

Post by booktigger »

Meet new foster cat Lola, who hasn’t had a great start, so is a bit confused about the whole stroking thing, so we are hoping some one-on-one in a home environment, and some gentle teaching will improve her behaviour so she can be homed. She enjoys a fuss, which is good, but you can be stroking her one minute and the next you’ll get a nip. I think they are more love nips than aggression though, partly because of how little they hurt, and partly because her body language doesn’t indicate aggression, and she will nip your left hand and then headbut your right one!! Her tail seems constantly fluffed though. She isn’t good at being left though, when you go to move her to leave, she will hiss, and I’m obviously wary at the moment in case she takes that any further. She’s a tiny little thing though, so hopefully won’t do as much damage as Lucy.
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Re: Meet Lola

Post by Mayday21 »

Fusses to little Lola. Picture? Vivian
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

She's not the best at staying still for pics
1497292054352.jpeg
1497292054352.jpeg (97.88 KiB) Viewed 2013 times
1497292028474.jpeg
1497292028474.jpeg (87.47 KiB) Viewed 2013 times
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

Hmm, not a good night. First time I went in I got nipped, so put her down and ignored her. As soon as I let her back on my knee, she nipped again, so I left the room for 20 mins. When I went back in, she was lovely,
and then while headbutting me, bit my head! Each time there is no warning, no sign of aggression and she acts normal after. I'm suspecting overstimulation, so will just go in for a few mins at a time and build it up
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Willow is still like that after 14 years! She loves a fuss - on her terms, then you get a whack - out of the blue. Perhaps it's not a setback perhaps it is just her way?
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

I am wondering that Bobby's Girl, if so, I don't know how easy she will be to home.