Is it good idea to get a new kitten

Queries and discussions about cat rescue & rehoming
Sarahtwinmummy
New Cat Chatter

Is it good idea to get a new kitten

Post by Sarahtwinmummy »

Our 17 year old cat died earlier in the year and we got 2 lovely black kittens in June, so friendly. Sadly one of them got run over on the road at the weekend and the other one is looking for him everywhere, they where very close and came as a pair everywhere. A friend has offered me a kitten and while it really seems very early to get another cat as we are so upset I wonder if sooner might be better so that the remaining kitten now 5 months can bond with the new one asap. I know they are unlikely to get on right away, but what do people think. By the way the cat flap would be sealed shut for some time!!
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Re: Is it good idea to get a new kitten

Post by bobbys girl »

Sorry to hear about your old cat and the kitten. That's really sad to lose two so close together.

My initial thoughts are yes, go for it. It seems like serendipity, that this offer of another kitten has come along at this moment.

But knowing you lost a kitten to the road, I would be concerned that history might repeat itself. Is there any way you can cat proof the garden to make sure they stay safe?