Help with Vet costs for a stray cat Leicester

Queries and discussions about cat rescue & rehoming
rebecca12
New Cat Chatter

Help with Vet costs for a stray cat Leicester

Post by rebecca12 »

Hi everyone,

Just wanted some advice. I have been feeding a stray cat who has now chosen to come and live with me.

I already have a cat and was not planning on second due to being on a low income.
I would really like to keep this cat and can afford to feed/flea treat/worm her etc.
My cat already has help from the PDSA with vet bills but I was wondering if there are any other charities who can offer help just with vet bills?

I do not want to take her to the RSCPA in case she is PTS as I can offer her a loving forever home.
She is black and only very young herself 10-12 months roughly and could be pregnant as very hungry all the time or she could have worms.
I need to get some urgent vet advice to see if she is pregnant or has worms so that I can treat her accordingly.

any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Help with Vet costs for a stray cat Leicester

Post by Lilith »

Hi Rebecca and welcome. I know that Cats' Protection help with spaying costs for people like yourself on a low income and it could be a good starting point to contact them - https://www.cats.org.uk/what-we-do

Good on you for taking this girl in, and all the very best :)
rebecca12
New Cat Chatter

Re: Help with Vet costs for a stray cat Leicester

Post by rebecca12 »

Hi Lilith

Many thanks for your reply and advice :-)

I took her to the vets today and she turned out to be microchipped. After chasing it up with two previous owners who did not want to take responsibility it looks like she has been abandoned :-(
However the record said she had been spayed and the vet gave her a clean bill of health which is good news.
I will be keeping her for now until I can find her a trusted forever home and then will have to give her up reluctantly.