advice about adopted cats.

Queries and discussions about cat rescue & rehoming
majorBeeg
New Cat Chatter

advice about adopted cats.

Post by majorBeeg »

Hi..I took care of a stray cat 3 years ago.. she had babies and I looked after them all for a time. Unfortunately the mum cat was aggressive toward my girl cat. So I had her spayed and rehome her with 2 kittens. I was an idiot as I'd never done this before and not done a house check..The lady turned out to be a hoarder and the conditions weren't great. The guilt of where I sent them is unbearable. I tried the rspca on several occasions and they did not help. The lady passed away unfortunately.. I hoped I could bring them home. But a family member has taken them on. She's been leaving them unattended for days at a time and the rspca still won't do anything. Is there anything I could do to bring them home?
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: advice about adopted cats.

Post by Kay »

have you tried simply asking the family member if she would be willing to let you have them, without saying anything negative about her or the dead woman

if you make it sound as if she would be doing you a great favour, and if necessary offer some money, she might well say yes
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Hi and welcome and so sorry to hear :( You just don't expect people to behave like this do you? Until they do.

I agree with Kay - could be that the woman's relation is not very thrilled about inheriting the cats and may jump at the chance to rehome them to you.

All the very best and please let us know how you go on :)
majorBeeg
New Cat Chatter

Post by majorBeeg »

Hi.. Thanks guys. I've tried contacting the 2 people I know of. Offered a generous adoption fee and asked kindly to adopt them. But they ignore me. I fear they are hoarders too. I just wish I could get them home in a loving environment where they'll be safe and not left for days at a time . But I feel. I've exhausted all.my options. I have a petition on the petition threading anyone e would sign and share. Thanks
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Hi, I'm sorry to hear this.

I know this is against all the rules, but would it be possible to steal the cats? A shocking thing to suggest I know ... ;)

Good luck - I think we'd all be with you!
alfiecat
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by alfiecat »

I'm with Lilith ;) I've signed your petition and I'd be pestering the RSPCA to take action, contacting your local newspaper might be worth a try if conditions are so bad, it might at least shame the RSPCA to do something, alternatively have you tried any other rescue agencies? They might be able to bring pressure to get the animals rehomed.
majorBeeg
New Cat Chatter

Post by majorBeeg »

Thank you again.. its nice to have some support. I shouldn't admit it but when the rspca wouldn't help after countless times phoning them. I did think of kidnapping the cats.. I visited the area.. I saw all of them at times but whether they were scared due to being left alone a lot of the young ones didn't remember me I'm not sure. But we struggled to lure them. The last time I sent rspca out they rang and said the lady had moved and taken the cats.. so now there's nothing they can do cause they don't know where they are. I made a complaint.. The rspca rang and tried to assure me they take these things seriously.. Said they been having problems with this address for some time. But they've never bed n allowed access to the property. Well if it's been going on so long alarm bells should have been ringing. They should have done something and I will be complaining again!! Also this comment not being allowed access to property made me think.. Cause twice when they have phoned me back they said they've seen all the cats and they are ok. . How they seen all 15. They had bald patches when I saw them. They've got a lot to answer for I'm telling ya.