Indoor cat got out and now is seen on home camera

Post details of LOST CATS here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
ma9u5
New Cat Chatter

Indoor cat got out and now is seen on home camera

Post by ma9u5 »

So our indoor cat got out and have been actively searching for him for about a month. It was supposed to rain tonight so we brought the litter box, food, and everything inside for the night. Around midnight our security camera picked up walking towards the end of our driveway and back out of the backyard. Since we didn't have anything out for him I am afraid he will not come back. He may have smelled our dog that he always played with from our backyard and might have smelled his litter box in our garage. Just not sure since we didn't have food out tonight that he might not come back, anyone have any thoughts or opinions of this?
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Indoor cat got out and now is seen on home camera

Post by Lilith »

Hi and welcome - sorry to hear this. They can be awkward!

Could you leave your garage open, or a shed, with his tray and food and a bed in there; I can't think that he'll leave after one night if he's still been coming for food - in fact he's going to be hungrier tonight and hopefully hang around longer. I know there's a risk of attracting other cats/wildlife but I think it could be worth it. In fact, if you've got CCTV and can track him, if you know you've got him in the garage you could close the door and trap him in there and get him back.

Hopefully other people will be along soon with more ideas but hope this helps for now.

I do hope you manage to lure him back. Please let us know how you go on - all the very best.