Found Russian Blue

Post details of FOUND CATS here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
Cpcats
New Cat Chatter

Found Russian Blue

Post by Cpcats »

A young male neutered Russian Blue has been found in Rusper West Sussex, near Gatwick airport.

He is a very friendly young man who sadly is not microchipped.

Please contact Horsham & District Cats Protection o 01403 8544664 if you think he could be yours.

Proof of ownership will be required.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Found Russian Blue

Post by Lilith »

Hi, this came up a short while back on 'lost cats' -

http://www.catchat.org/felineforum/view ... f=9&t=4985

It's rather a long shot as this boy is a crossbred, and I've no idea of Sussex geography but of course they can roam or be carried in vehicles, but thought I'd mention. Hope you reunite your boy with his owner.

Sorry - edit - the lost boy is chipped, BUT, chips can move/become inactive so I won't delete this post just in case.
Marla
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by Marla »

Is this the kitty that's been found?
https://www.nationalpetregister.org/fp/75385

Is he really a Russian Blue?
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Oh Wow Marla, he is NOT, is he? Oriental blue I'd say, even given the tendency for the RBs to be bred more to the Oriental/Siamese standard. And I always understood the RB eye colour to be a definite green.

What a gorgeous boy though, hope he finds his owners or a good future forever home, paws crossed

He's definitely not the RB cross posted lost on here...shame, I was hoping for a happy ending...
Marla
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Marla »

I'm wondering if he could be a blue/grey Siamese? I found a expired ad on Pets4homes for a blue Siamese missing since January that looks very similar. I've emailed Pets4homes to ask them to contact the person who placed the ad in case he's still missing.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

A blue pointed Siamese will have the blue 'mask' and ears, legs and tail and pale body colour (though this darkens with age) and always the blue eyes. Fabulous creatures, lost my heart to my Jacinth, still missed after 18 years...reckon this lad is an Oriental, just like a Siamese but with solid body colour and don't know what eye colour stipulated by breed standard, but not blue - but still a fabulous creature, lovely lad, all the best to him :)

Dates don't match either for the lost RB cross; on that link it says that blue boy was found before the RB cross disappeared...every time I see a lost cat post I make a wish for them to go back home! :(
Marla
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Marla »

Maybe the subject could be changed to 'Found Russian Blue / Oriental'?

This is the lost boy I thought looked very similar, but the ad is closed:
http://www.pets4homes.co.uk/classifieds ... e-sea.html

I emailed Pets4homes.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

He does look exactly alike - wouldn't it be great if he was and you got them reunited? paws crossed.

Yes, I see they've put 'Oriental blue Siamese' - not that the cat cares lol.

Here are some pics of blue point Siamese, but I think that roundfaced fluffy little thing in the centre got in under false pretences bless her :)

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=blu ... ORM=IQFRBA