PAPER COLLARS TO FIND AN OWNER-GOOD IDEA?

Post details of FOUND CATS here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
SMITHER
Frequent Cat Chatter

PAPER COLLARS TO FIND AN OWNER-GOOD IDEA?

Post by SMITHER »

Hi to everyone here,
I was wondering what you all thought about putting a paper collar on a cat to see if they have an owner, etc? And if a good idea how do you attach it?
I have a new ginger tomcat visiting the house at around 8.30pm every night for food. He's rather thin. He has a plastic collar which looks old and nothing whatsoever on it otherwise. I have never seen a collar like this before, just all plastic? This cat is rather nervous but we are making progress. He is a dream, so sweet and lovely. I have managed to cuddle him and he is lovely. He seems a young ish boy, didnt realize until last night he was a tom! :( He does seem to have something wrong with his legs, I cannot think what, no marks, injuries just a touch weak, really hard to explain.
Should I put a paper collar on with my number on and do you use sticky tape as staples would obviously be a bad idea??? :?:
Or is there another way to do it?
Many thanks x x
Marla
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Re: PAPER COLLARS TO FIND AN OWNER-GOOD IDEA?

Post by Marla »

I've seen all-plastic collars that were impregnated with chemicals for calming or flea prevention. I wonder if it could be one of those. You could tape a little message directly onto the collar: Your cat? Call . . .

If no response after a few days, I'd take him to a vet to be checked for microchip. They should do this free of charge. If there's no microchip, please don't leave him at the vets as he might be put to sleep.

This site allows you to look at lost cats near your postcode:
http://www.animalsearchuk.co.uk/
Cat-FAQ
Cat Chat Adviser

Re: PAPER COLLARS TO FIND AN OWNER-GOOD IDEA?

Post by Cat-FAQ »

If you haven’t already seen Cat Chat’s Lost & Found advice page, the information there might help: http://www.catchat.org/index.php/cat-missing-lost-found

It tells you what to do if you find a cat and includes the information about attaching a paper collar safely.