CAT FOUND 1yr old female cat in LEEDS

Post details of FOUND CATS here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
benedict2017
New Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 1

CAT FOUND 1yr old female cat in LEEDS

Post by benedict2017 »

Hello, could I let you know for awareness about a lost wee black and white female cat - less than 1 yr old - found in Leeds near Jury's Inn Brewery Wharf with no collar or tag. She has a mostly black upper body, tale and face but with white tummy, mouth, paws and legs.

She's in good general health according to local PDSA vet (Hepton Court LS9 6PW) but no microchip and may have recently given birth - I've hunted around (taken her in the carrier) for kittens but no sign. She is not neutered.

I've informed local shops and the apartment complex concierges at Leeds Dock and have uploaded details to AnimalSearch.co.uk.

I'm in touch with Leeds Cat Rescue. Registered charity - 1170320 and the Cats Protection League who have directed me to the shelters at dewsbury/guildershome.

She's safe with my partner and I just now - we live in LS10 whilst we consider our options about keeping her or getting her adopted.

Thanks! ben docherty
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: CAT FOUND 1yr old female cat in LEEDS

Post by Kay »

I'm a very long way away from Leeds, so no help at all, but just had to post to say how heartwarming to read a post like yours - if only there were more of you out there
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Seconded :)

I'm in Wakefield but don't know of any rescues in your area, but I think she's very lucky to have found you - poor little lass, it's worrying about those kittens though - please let us know how she goes on x
CassieCat
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by CassieCat »

I agree that there should be more people like you and this world would be such a better place. Compassion costs nothing and animals repay us 100% with loyalty and love.

Well done on your good work. God bless you.
benedict2017
New Cat Chatter

Post by benedict2017 »

Hello Cassie, Lilith and Kay,

Thank you for taking the time to post - it was really very nice of you to say such encouraging things. Given that she is totally comfortable and not agitated we are confident there are no kittens nearby in jeopardy. Indeed some local residents recognise seeing her around a wee while before I found her.

Anyway I just logged in to check the post and say the case is closed. Her name is now Alba and she's got a forever home with my partner and myself. We'll take her to a nearby vet to get her micro chipped and neutered and see about vaccinations etc.

All the best!

ben
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Aww, great news, good on you for taking Alba in, and hope you all have many happy years ahead together, so glad :D :D :D