Found entire tabby tom in Lincoln LN1

Post details of FOUND CATS here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
MrsTillyFlop
Frequent Cat Chatter

Found entire tabby tom in Lincoln LN1

Post by MrsTillyFlop »

Very distressing news. The infection had penetrated his spine & there was no chance of recovery. His back end was damaged beyond repair & he would have had no chance of bladder control even if unblocked. Basically he was dying a slow agonising death. He's now free from pain at rainbow bridge. R.I.P. little fella xx
.................................................................................................
Latest update (18/4) - This lovely boy is now in the care of a local vet. It's been established he doesn't have a cancerous growth, but sadly he could have irreversible damage to his kidneys He's having x-rays/blood tests tomorrow. Please pray for him <3
.................................................................................................
Update - I've seen this lovely boy this afternoon (16/4). Thanks Julie xx He's absolutely gorgeous & extremely friendly. I'm really worried though as Burton Road where he's being fed is a very busy road. Although he's being fed he's outside in the cold/rain

................................................................................................

***** STRAY CAT ***** Lincoln LN1 (Burton Road)

A couple have been feeding a stray cat for 2 months. They've knocked on doors locally to try to find an owner, but had no luck. The cat is a very friendly entire male tabby & isn't chipped. The vet estimates him to be approx 9 yrs old.

I've seen this lovely boy this afternoon (16/4). He's absolutely gorgeous & extremely friendly. I'm really worried though as Burton Road where he's being fed is a very busy road. Although he's being fed he's outside in the cold/rain :cry:

Does anyone know of a missing entire male tabby??
Attachments
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
Last edited by MrsTillyFlop on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
opalfruit
Returning Cat Chatter

Re: Found entire tabby tom in Lincoln LN1

Post by opalfruit »

He's so cute. Please whatever you do....don't do what my friend did with his entire Tom and alert the RSPCA...as they might put him down, as per my recent experience at https://www.catchat.org/felineforum/vie ... =16&t=5974
MrsTillyFlop
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by MrsTillyFlop »

I just commented on the thread.

Heartbreaking :cry:

I'd like to mention that the decision of the fate of FIV cats taken into RSPCA care varies from branch to branch. I was rehoming co-ordinator/trustee for RSPCA Lincs East branch back in 2013 & they pts any cat that came into their care with FIV. I was unhappy with them on numerous issues so resigned & moved my membership to RSPCA Lincoln & Mid branch ... talk about chalk & cheese!! The latter branch don't pts FIV cats & actually have one for rehome at the moment.
http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk/node/207
opalfruit
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by opalfruit »

It makes no sense that one brandh has one policy and another has a different policy. I replied to the message to try and save this tomcat. In my experience the RSPCA have lied and had a particularly callous attitude towards stray tomcats. There are other welfare organisations with a no-kill policy - if ending up reporting the cat, best not to go to the RSPCA. I think it's best to just leave him alone.
MrsTillyFlop
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by MrsTillyFlop »

UPDATES - sorry these are late but I've been very upset since learning he was pts

Very distressing news. The infection had penetrated his spine & there was no chance of recovery. His back end was damaged beyond repair & he would have had no chance of bladder control even if unblocked. Basically he was dying a slow agonising death. He's now free from pain at rainbow bridge. R.I.P. little fella xx
.............................................................................................
Latest update (18/4) - This lovely boy is now in the care of a local vet. It's been established he doesn't have a cancerous growth, but sadly he could have irreversible damage to his kidneys :'( He's having x-rays/blood tests tomorrow. Please pray for him
...............................................................................................
Update - I've seen this lovely boy this afternoon (16/4). Thanks Julie xx He's absolutely gorgeous & extremely friendly. I'm really worried though as Burton Road where he's being fed is a very busy road. Although he's being fed he's outside in the cold/rain
Attachments
18056706_10155281044308060_7476717994061185148_n.jpg
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Lilith »

So very very sorry to hear, sleep tight beautiful boy x
opalfruit
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by opalfruit »

I'm confused - is the cat in the photos still alive?