HOUNSLOW MIDDLESEX. Fluffy Female Cat Needs Home.

Rescue Shelters - post details of cats needing homes here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
If you need to rehome your own cat, please click "Find your local Cat Rescue Shelters" below...
Ash T
New Cat Chatter

HOUNSLOW MIDDLESEX. Fluffy Female Cat Needs Home.

Post by Ash T »

I am looking after a female cat as her elderly owner who is a neighbour, has been taken into a care home.
I cannot keep her as I have various health problems and have only taken her in as the weather is cold outside.
Lily is a very beautiful cat with a mostly white and light brown coat.She has been microchipped and spayed.Fully trained.
She is very loving and loves being around children. Although I do not know much about cats,I think Lily is either a Munchkin or a Siberian forest cat.
She is very fluffy.
I would prefer her to go to a good loving home rather than into a rescue centre.
Attachments
20151118_133513_opt (3).jpg
20151118_133513_opt (3).jpg (40.57 KiB) Viewed 2938 times
Jacks
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 7

Re: HOUNSLOW MIDDLESEX. Fluffy Female Cat Needs Home.

Post by Jacks »

What a beautiful little lady! I strongly recommend you get in touch with some of the excellent rescues in your area with a view to having them handle the finding of a new home whilst she stays with you on a temporary basis. There are links to regional rescues in your area on the CatChat Home page.

The advantage of this is that you will get the prospective new owner checked out - whilst this isn't fool-proof a homecheck by an experienced person is essential I think for your piece of mind and the well-being of this gorgeous feline, who I don't think would be in rescue long in any case, especially if she likes children.

The advantage of rehoming via a rescue or foster home (provided by the rescue) is also that they will determine whether she is 'cat friendly' by her attitude to other cats, or whether she needs to be sole female. This again is really important for her wellbeing. It would be terrible if she went to the wrong type of home. As she's been with an elderly person she's probably had a very quiet home so far, but may love the stimulation of other cats - or hate it.

Finally, thank you for taking in this precious girl and working to find her a home. She is absolutely stunning and I live in London, but I have 5 cats already and probably shouldn't be trying to add any more, although I would love her.
Ash T
New Cat Chatter

Post by Ash T »

Thanks Jacks for your reply.I have been in contact with some rescue centres and have been told that there is a very long waiting list.

Some up to 3-6 months.I am suffering from Chronic sinusitis and am finding that having the cat is making my symptoms worse and I don't have the heart to turf her out onto the street.

I will ensure that Lily does go to a good home and make all the necessary checks.
123gabbi321
New Cat Chatter

Post by 123gabbi321 »

Hi Ash. Is she still available by any chance...? We’ve been looking for a Siberian to love! Warmest, Gabbi
Marla
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by Marla »

Hi Gabbi,

A lot of people who post here don't subscribe to the thread so don't see replies, so you may want to click on Ash's profile to email directly, if you haven't already.

Good luck! :)