My cat needs a new home

Rescue Shelters - post details of cats needing homes here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
If you need to rehome your own cat, please click "Find your local Cat Rescue Shelters" below...
Mucka79
New Cat Chatter

My cat needs a new home

Post by Mucka79 »

:( Can anyone help, my cat needs to be rehomed as i am pregnant and can't keep him anymore.
MarySkater
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Re: My cat needs a new home

Post by MarySkater »

It would help if you post again in the "Homes Needed" section, and put your location in the title of the post. And in the post, say a little about your cat, e.g. how old he is, is he neutered, does he live indoors or is he used to going out. People here would like to help, but need more information.
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Ruth B »

I would also say more information is needed, but I would also ask Why do you have to rehome your cat? If it just because you are pregnant, then you will find that many people will tell you that a baby and a cat can get along, you just need to prepare for it. if you have to move to new rented accomodation then maybe a word with the land lord could solve the issue. if your partner is badly allergic then that might be a reason to rehome your cat.

I hope with some good advise you won't have to split your family up.

Let us know more and I am sure there are people who can help.
Cat-FAQ
Cat Chat Adviser

Post by Cat-FAQ »

Cat Chat’s rehoming advice page might help, which also includes advice on ways to avoid having to rehome: http://www.catchat.org/rehome.html
Grace56
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Grace56 »

Why do people automatically believe that they have to get rid of a cat when a baby is expected.
With proper attention to hygiene and behaviour, the cat and the baby will be just fine.
It seems to me that this happens all to often and it's the poor, bewildered cat who suffers.
GillianH
Experienced Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by GillianH »

I have to agree with what you say Grace.
opalfruit
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by opalfruit »

This is an old post. But I also wondered why people rehome cats when pregnant. If you know in the future you plan to have a baby, and if you know you don't want to have both in the same house, don't get a cat in the first place. Also there is evidence to prove that babies living with cats can be very good for a baby's immune system later in life. I know someone who had to give cat away because her baby was born with visual impairment, so I can understand. But otherwise, I don't understand.
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by Mayday21 »

I picked up a 6-mth old kitten yesterday from a Little Paws who was given back after 4mths as the baby apparently allergic to him. He's a blue & white who was named a Boots now Bentley. He's in my 3rd bedroom as he was so confused (what's happening to me, where's my mum?) president from a Little Paws suggested I keep him separate until he settles & gains confidence - he's out & about purring & has had lots of tum rubs. Harper & TC intrigued on what's behind the door :D . The woman returned him on her own leaving 2 little girls in tears at home. The president not impressed & not to mention the impact on the 2 little girls. She told the mother "This can scar a child for life & the cat will be upset as well just leave him & go." Bentley's a dear little fellow & im sure TC & Harper will accept him with gusto - a real play mate. :lol: Fingers xd. Vivian
Last edited by Mayday21 on Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
opalfruit
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by opalfruit »

Wow, good on you Mayday21. I hope Bentley enjoys his new home. He didn't deserve all that upheaval but soon he'll be okay.