Need a home for my 2 beautiful kitties

Rescue Shelters - post details of cats needing homes here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
If you need to rehome your own cat, please click "Find your local Cat Rescue Shelters" below...
taffy_321
New Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 2

Need a home for my 2 beautiful kitties

Post by taffy_321 »

It is with a very heavy heart that I've decided that it is in the best interests of both myself, and Boo and Scout, my two beautiful kitties, that I find them a new, more suitable home.

My husband left me two years ago, and although I've tried my best to make things work wherever I've lived since, the situation is reaching unmanageable levels.

Boo and Scout are brother and sister and they are just over 5 years old, neutered, chipped and have been raised as indoor cats. Their vaccinations are up-to-date, and apart from being overweight (Boo loves his food!), the vet is happy that they are in good health.

Ideally, I would like them to be adopted together, as they have never been apart and are very attached to each other. I think they would be happiest going somewhere with a safe outdoor space so that they can get stimulation and exercise. They will never be the most adventurous cats, but they do love sitting at the window when it's open and getting fresh air and watching the world go by and I think they could learn quite quickly to get used to the outdoors.

I currently live in a small first floor, two-bedroom London flat. As I've already mentioned, they have always lived in a flat, however, in my previous accommodation they had more space and freedom to move around. At the moment they are spending most of their time in my room, and is very apparent that they are not as happy as they used to be. They do shed a lot of hair as they are fluffy cats, and this has caused issues with all my flatmates (I do a lot of vacuuming!).

For my part, I struggle with my asthmatic allergies and in my current accommodation, it's necessary for me to have both the kitty litter and their food in my room. In previous flats, this wasn't the case. In terms of hygiene, this isn't ideal.

This decision to rehome Boo and Scout has involved much deliberation, procrastination and tears, as I love them dearly, and so I would only consider committed, responsible cat-loving pet owners.

They are quite shy, simply because they have never been exposed to the level of stimulation and noise that savvy outdoor cats would be, but they are extremely loving kitties with loads of personality.

I have contacted a number of charities, but I thought I would post here too. At the moment I cannot consider surrendering them, and would very much like to do a direct rehoming.

I have posted some photos of Scout and Boo to show just how beautiful they are!
Attachments
12346042_1670959533182476_266010111_n.jpg
12346042_1670959533182476_266010111_n.jpg (18.78 KiB) Viewed 2074 times
Scoutwithherball.jpg
Scoutwithherball.jpg (116.21 KiB) Viewed 2074 times
Scout_withcatgrass - Copy.jpg
Scout_withcatgrass - Copy.jpg (79.04 KiB) Viewed 2074 times
Boo_sleepingonfoot - Copy.jpg
(123.83 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Need a home for my 2 beautiful kitties

Post by Janey »

Hi Taffy,

So sorry you’re having to make the decision to rehome your beautiful cats, it must be difficult but it’s good that you’re considering their best interests. If you don’t want to put your cats in a rescue, you could ring round all the ones in your area and ask if any will do a direct rehoming for you (not sure if that’s what you’ve already done). This is where you keep the cats until the rescue finds them a new loving home. You can also ask the rescues to help find a home for both the cats together too if they need to stay together. You can find a list of rescues here:

http://www.catchat.org/index.php/cat-re ... uk-ireland

The information on this page may also be helpful, if you’ve not already seen seen it. It explains how to safely rehome your cats:

http://www.catchat.org/rehome.html

Best of luck.
taffy_321
New Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 2

Re: Need a home for my 2 beautiful kitties

Post by taffy_321 »

Hi Janey

Yes it's very distressing :(

I have been making enquiries to a number of rescues about direct rehoming, however many don't provide this service. Blue Cross does, but I don't fall into any catchment area near to London. One branch in Oxfordshire has offered to help me if I can bring them for assessment and visits with potential owners - this will be difficult however as I don't have access to a car and it won't be possible to take both Boo and Scout on my own on public transport.

I will continue to keep working my way through the list of rescues on http://www.catchat.org/index.php/cat-re ... uk-ireland

Thank you for your post!

Taffy