URGENT: Healthy Shy Older Male requires forever home for his final years. (NE12)

Rescue Shelters - post details of cats needing homes here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
If you need to rehome your own cat, please click "Find your local Cat Rescue Shelters" below...
bparsnip
New Cat Chatter

URGENT: Healthy Shy Older Male requires forever home for his final years. (NE12)

Post by bparsnip »

It is with great reluctance that we are posting here today.

My name is Mister and I am a beautiful tortoise shell cat, almost 20 years old. I am chipped and neutured and I have been on a low salt prescription diet my entire life. I am a healthy and loving cat and I like to snuggle and headbutt my owners in order to show affection. I know that my carer does not wish to give me up but as a healthy cat, they do not wish to euthanise me either. It is a rubbish situation but my carers have no alternative but to look for a new home for me.

I can assure you that there are genuine medical reasons and that we have struggled for a number of years now juggling 2 cats who hate each other. My other cat is seriously unwell and on medication as he is suffering from serious urinary tract blockages and infections due to the stress of living with another Male. I am keeping both of the cats segregated but the situation is not ideal.

If you require further details please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you for your consideration :)

Cat-FAQ
Cat Chat Adviser

Re: URGENT: Healthy Shy Older Male requires forever home for his final years. (NE12)

Post by Cat-FAQ »

Cat Chat’s rehoming advice page might help, which also includes advice on ways to avoid having to rehome: http://www.catchat.org/rehome.html
bparsnip
New Cat Chatter

Re: URGENT: Healthy Shy Older Male requires forever home for his final years. (NE12)

Post by bparsnip »

Thank you so much for your response, I have decided to keep both cats and make a separate chill out room for the older male. When the vet told me I had to reholm the older cat, I guess I just saw that as red and didn't really consider how I could keep both but segregate.

I was devestated at the thought of having to palm either one of them off, I mean who does that right?

I am so happy now. This post can be deleted, but I wanted to respond to you first. Thanks again!
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

I'm so pleased to hear this, it's hard enough to home cats these days and older cats really struggle. I wish you all the best in trying to find a way to make it work. :)
bparsnip
New Cat Chatter

Post by bparsnip »

Thank you so much... Failure is not an option. We are making it work, its tough but persistance is everything. The rewards I get from both of my boys is beyond words, I will never give up on them ever again! xxx
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

I have a gang of older males and one has a history of urinary issues and blockages, so I feel for you. He's not had a 'bout' for a couple of years now, but I still give him a daily dose of Cystophan/Cystease as a preventative as I really don't want to go through that again!