Sadly looking for rehome uncle & nephew - Maryhill, Glasgow

Rescue Shelters - post details of cats needing homes here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
If you need to rehome your own cat, please click "Find your local Cat Rescue Shelters" below...
Simpsonk
New Cat Chatter

Sadly looking for rehome uncle & nephew - Maryhill, Glasgow

Post by Simpsonk »

I recently have had to move abroad (Dubai) with work and found out I couldn't take my two cats (toms) with me. I've been trying to re home them with no success. They are currently still in my house in Glasgow being cared for by cat sitters and neighbours until they can be re-homed (they are on waiting lists) but I think they are starting to become stressed. I'm so sad at leaving them and so worried that they are becoming stressed.
They are chipped, vaccinated, immunised, neutered (I got them from Cats Protection) they've even have their rabies vaccine (when I thought they were coming with me).
Their names are Tash (younger, smaller one) and Smudge (black nose). Tash is skittish and personable, Smudge disinterested and confident.
They are both very outdoor, Smudge more than Tash. Smudge will disappears for hours into the woods but Tash stays close by and comes in and out quickly. Tash will bring you mice and birds though.
They are very placid and disinterested in other cats around our estate, they are often disinterested in each other but sometime sleep together. They are not lap cats and don't like being handled although will come on your knee of an evening (or when it's cold) and do like to be around you and will follow you into each room just to be there.
They stay away from children but are not troublesome with them, they just don't like the fuss and noise (I've a very loud 10yr old!). Never violent, never angry no matter how much they are annoyed or pulled about (ref 10yr old).
I love them dearly and they've got a great life with us, pandered and adored. I'm so sad that I had to leave them. I had looked at fostering but it's too long a term (I'm away for approx three years).
I appreciate any help or advice you can give me.
Cat-FAQ
Cat Chat Adviser

Re: Sadly looking for rehome uncle & nephew - Maryhill, Glasgow

Post by Cat-FAQ »

Cat Chat’s rehoming advice page might help, which also includes advice on ways to avoid having to rehome: http://www.catchat.org/rehome.html