Temporary foster care for my best friend Peeps

Rescue Shelters - post details of cats needing homes here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
If you need to rehome your own cat, please click "Find your local Cat Rescue Shelters" below...
Freddie
New Cat Chatter

Temporary foster care for my best friend Peeps

Post by Freddie »

Hi there. I really hope someone can help me. I was adopted by a stray cat while living in Dubai, for two years we became the best of friends and she helped me get through a very difficult times while out there. When my work contract finished and it was time to come back to the UK there was no way I was leaving her behind. While I was in Dubai I managed to break my knee- stupidly I continued to work on a broken knee which caused some serious back problems while back in the UK. I took on a job which had accommodation included so I had a place for me and Peeps, but as the injury persisted I was told that I needed an operation, the place I was working told me that if I had the operation I couldn't stay as I needed to work there to live. 2 weeks ago I had my operation, and can finally sit down again! While I was having my operation Peeps went to stay with family- unfortunately they can no longer keep her. I am looking for someone who what's a furry ball of love to look after while I recover for this spinal surgery. I love this cat more than anything she is my absolute world and putting her in a cattery is not something I can do. She needs to be cuddled, she needs affection. She is incredibly low maintenance, just needs her biscuits and a hug. She needs to be the sole pet in a house as even though she had happily settled into the life of a house cat she still has been a stray and can be a bit mean to other animals. Would never bite or scratch a human (although she may nabba pork chop if left unattended). She can't go outside as she is from Dubai and won't be able to handle the wildlife and elements of British nature. I am looking to have her home in about 3 months after full recovery and finding suitable stable accommodation. Any help would be amazing. Thank you.
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Temporary foster care for my best friend Peeps

Post by Janey »

Hi and welcome. You could try contacting rescues in your area. Many rescues rely on foster homes for their cats so they may be able to help, or at least advise you. Here is a list of rescues:

https://www.catchat.org/index.php/cat-r ... uk-ireland

Best of luck!
Freddie
New Cat Chatter

Re: Temporary foster care for my best friend Peeps

Post by Freddie »

Hi there. Thank you so much for your reply. I have called each and every one in my area and surrounding and not had much luck! I have tried vets, shelters, charities, catteries even the local cat cafe. There are Facebook posts, fliers and everyone in my address book, friends address books and families! I'm still struggling to find anything