Vibes for Bob please!

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Vibes for Bob please!

Post by bobbys girl »

Prayers, thoughts and all good vibes for Bob please. My little man is at the vets with a nasty cut on one of his back legs. Don't know how it happened. I'm worried sick.
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Vibes for Bob please!

Post by Ruth B »

Poor Bob, sending all the healing thoughts and vibes i can, and i'll keep everything crossed that he is home soon safe and well.

Hugs to you to during the wait, I always end up pacing the floor if any of mine have to stay at the vets for anything. We worry about them so much when something happens, but the joy they give the rest of the time more than makes up for it.
MarySkater
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by MarySkater »

I'm wishing him well, and hoping he'll be home soon, even if with stitches.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Thanks for that Ruth. I am trying to think of something distracting to do while I wait. I have a clock case to mend for someone, but I need to concentrate on that. I'll give it a go.

Mary - the vet said he won't stitch him for now just clean and bandage the wound. He is being extra cautious because of Bob's FIV status. It is THAT that's worrying me most.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

Fingers crossed for him - seems odd they are treating the wound differently because of him being FIV
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

The vet said he didn't want to stitch up the wound until he was sure it was really clean and not infected. I can sort of see what he means. We will have to go back on Monday.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

This day just keeps getting worse. The vet called a while back (just as the power went off!) Bob has damaged a tendon, they can't say how bad it is at the moment and we can still pick him up tonight. OH is up in arms about the cost so far, 130 euro! I just want my baby home safe and well - however much it costs. :(
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by meriad »

Oh no, what a worry for you all :( poor Bob and poor you. Hopefully the tendon damage can repair itself, same with the cut...

Fusses to your boy when you get him home - and a big drink or strong cuppa (never know who prefers what ;) ) for you me thinks x
Jan
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Jan »

Positive vibes from me too for Bob .....
x
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Back from the vets with a very groggy Bob. The leg he hurt is on the same side as his amputation, so the poor little boy is very lop-sided and finding it very hard to get around - still trying though!

The cut is clean but quite deep. They can't tell how much damage has been done to the tendon until the swelling has gone down. We have to go back on Monday morning.

He is a fighter, my little boy, I know he will do his best. Still really worried.
MarySkater
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarySkater »

I hadn't realised he was already 3-legged. No wonder you were worried. I'm sure being back home will do him good. Best wishes to both of you.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Thank you for that Mary.
Oddcat
Experienced Cat Chatter

Post by Oddcat »

Lots of love, positive vibe and purrs from me and my furry gang, to Bob and you .... get well soon Bob .... we're thinking of you xx
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Aww poor poor Bob - yes I was wondering which side the injury was on. Makes a difference in his case - and sod's law that it should be the wrong one :(

Lots of hugs and positive vibes to you and Bob x
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Thanks for your thoughts and vibes folks, it's much appreciated.

He has just amazed us once again. He has been asleep on my lap all evening. Then he slid off my knee, wobbled over to the hall table and JUMPED up for something to eat. Love that cat! I'm going to see if he will stay on the bed with us tonight - he wants to go out :roll:
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mayday21 »

Hi Bobby's Girl so sorry to read about Bob's predicament. Sending you heaps of +Ve thoughts & fusses & ear rubs to the catient. TG he's with you as if anyone is going to get him on the road to recovery its you. And on that note so glad he's home. Do you think that it possible he got caught in some wire & tore his leg out? Keep us posted. Vivian & the 3 puss-kateers.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

God these cats put you through it!

Bob spent the night on the bed, curled up next to me. This morning there was no sign of him. I hunted high and low - even looking in the washing machine and tumble dryer. OH had opened the window to let Purdy out, but said he had shut it right after.

I got my 'dirt' (working clothes) on and after searching the garden, walked the lanes and fields looking for him. By that time I was beside myself with worry. I had already searched the old caravan that I use as a workshop, but was searching again - just in case. I looked out the window and there he was, on the doorstep, as if nothing had happened. His bandage is dry. :?

I spent the next ten minutes cuddling him. I have just finished a very late breakfast and my blood pressure is returning to normal. Don't know where the hell he got to, but I am not letting him out of my sight again....... EVER!
MarySkater
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarySkater »

I said being back at home would make him feel better... :D
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Isn't that just CATS! :o :shock: :lol:

Bad Bob!

Again more positive vibes for his continued recovery (and yours!) :D
Nellyjuke
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Nellyjuke »

Hope Bob is on the road to recovery, they certainly stress you out when not well.
Stellastarr
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Stellastarr »

Sending virtual cuddles to Bob xxx
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Stellastarr wrote:Sending virtual cuddles to Bob xxx
He is more cuddly than usual, so all extra cuddles are welcome, thank you.

We have to take him back to the vet this morning. Fingers crossed he is starting to mend.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Well he's home and I'm trying to type this with a very sleepy, very sore little cat on my knee. The vet says there is no infection, which is great. But he has stitches in a tendon and the wound itself. He is still a little wobbly and tried to jump on to the sofa. He fell back and yowlled in pain. I really hope he hasn't damaged the stiches. Poor little man

OH had to finish making dinner and cut it up for me. :roll: Bob might not be asleep, but my arm is.
Didi
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Didi »

I hope he is "jumping on things" very soon
Oddcat
Experienced Cat Chatter

Post by Oddcat »

Just dropped in to see how Bob got on today, I've been thinking about you both and sending positive thoughts.

Really pleased he's home and there is no infection. But sorry to hear the poor little fella is so sore.

All fingers and paws crossed here for a speedy recovery. Gentle fusses to Bob .... take it easy now Bob!! And hopefully your poor nerves can recover a little bit too xx
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Thank you all so much for all your kind thoughts and messages. We had to take him back to the vets - he was so uncomfortable. I really thought he had ripped a stitch. But the emergency vet checked him over and gave him a painkilling shot. He is a little more comfortable now. But I don't expect much sleep tonight!
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Janey »

Poor Bob, hopefully is leg is feeling less painful now and heals quickly. Sending get well cuddles xx
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mayday21 »

Poor Bob - hope he's feeling better soon. Lots of fusses & ear rubs for Bob that is :lol: Keep us posted on progress. Mayday was also a three-legged wonder. Vivian
Phantom T Cat
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Phantom T Cat »

Head boops from us, good vibes Bob.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Thanks again guys for all your good wishes. I'm sure it is helping, it is certainly helping me! :)

He has been asleep on my bed for most of the day - but then that is not unusual for him. Amazingly he is getting around on two legs, using his bandaged leg for balance. He never ceases to amaze me. He bashed his leg trying to jump onto the kitchen counter and yelped but soon recovered after a cuddle.

Right now he is asleep in a tiny cardboard box, hopefully on the mend.