Xanax ??

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Didi
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Xanax ??

Post by Didi »

Has anyone ever used this with thier cat ?
The vet prescribed it him to try and relieve some of his stress as he is still suffering with urethral spasm which thy are sure is stress related. They said to give him 1 tablet which I did last night and it knocked him out cold but then when he came round a bit I can only describe him as the "happy drunk" the one who goes round telling everyone they love them and has the munchies - he never left my side even when I went to bed he was climbing all over me snuggling up licking me bringing me his toys burrowing under the duvet, you couldn't give him enough food he was even trying to get the cupboard door where his food is open something he has never done before. He wasn't upset or didn't appear to be he was just "drunk" ( I can't really think of any other way of describing it and working in the NHS I have seen a fair few Friday night happy drunks rolling now up at. A&E)
I only gave him half this morning and the effect was much less pronounced but still hungry sleepy and following me around

I think I'm going to ring the vets tomorrow to,check this is "normal" but just wondered if anyone had ny experiences of it