From Bob

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

From Bob

Post by bobbys girl »

Bob has asked me to wish you all a 'Hoppy Mew Purr' - at least I think that is what he said! :lol:
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: From Bob

Post by Janey »

Tasha says “Hoppy Mew Purr” right back atcha! :D
Judy Barnett
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Judy Barnett »

hoppy mew purr back from Georgie and Yowlee xxxx
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Ruth B »

Hoppy Mew Purr from Tiggy, Saturn and Freyja, and would those stupid humans please stop setting off those stupid bangs and let us sleep the Mew Purr in.
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mayday21 »

Hi Bob & others you read my mind :o Happy new year from me & the three puss-kateers - Lilith christened them this. And Lilith it's sticking friends ask "How're the three puss-kateers?" Mine was very quiet spent at home, cooked myself a barbie & sat with the three puss-kateers watching a movie - didn't see it in & didnt here any celebrations including Ruth no banging things. :lol: May 2017 be kind to all creatures great & small. Vivian
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

All the best for 2017 Vivian. We are sitting here watching Harry Potter, counting the minutes 'till midnight, a quick call to or from my sister, then beddy-byes! :lol: Life in the fast lane eh?
Judy Barnett
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Judy Barnett »

Georgie is far to interested in my mead bubbling away in the corner of the bedroom to pay any attention to the bangs going on outside. She keeps whacking the airlock every time it blurs. :lol:
Judy Barnett
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Judy Barnett »

I mean of course blups . Drat this predictive text! :evil:
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Just read that out to you know who and he said 'what's that, mead? Oooh bxxxxy-ell,I didn't know she was making MEAD!' Guess what I'll be making next year! :roll:

Nealy time now - and no fireworks. Since they started charging for a license to buy them, it has gone very quiet on the whiz-bang front. Kitties are delighted about that. :D
Judy Barnett
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Judy Barnett »

Lots of whiz bangs going off here.. Georgie is hiding under the bedspread, Yowlee is sitting by the patio door watching them!! Strange little cat. :lol:
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Ruth B »

The fireworks started here about 7.00 (I think someone was actually setting them off from about 3.00 while it was still daylight!) and really picked up about 10.30.

We went to bed as normal at 10.00 regardless of the noise, all the cats were in and with the noise none were interested in going out.

At 11.40 I need to nip to the bathroom, open the bedroom door and have a tuxie streak go straight past me. So come midnight when it sounds like WW3 breaking out, Tiggy wasn't in sight, she was probably on a windowsill downstairs watching them, she has always liked the pretty lights. Nervous Freyja was on her bed on the landing, not duly concerned about it, and my big brave lad, Saturn, was hiding under the bed. He came out on to the bed at about 12.15 for some fuss and I finally put him back on the landing at about half past twelve.

I do wish they would licence fireworks over here, you want to own or use black powder in any other form you have to have a licence, you want to use explosives of any other type, you have to have a licence, what makes fireworks so different. I wouldn't imagine it would cut down on the proper displays that much, so people could still enjoy a firework show, but it would help stop the idiots letting them off.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

The only bang we heard last night was a gentle pop from the Asti Martini (slurp) :lol:

Off out to the coast for lunch, after taking orders from the kitties - though if Gracie carries on in the same vein, she is already on Santa's naughty list for NEXT Christmas :roll:
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mayday21 »

On the happy New Year posts & earlier post has anyone heard from Crewella? No advice posts in health section starting to worry me. Vivian
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

I emailed her. She has been very busy, but is fine. So I hope she will be back with us very soon. I said we were missing her. :D
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mayday21 »

Hi Bobby's Girl great news re Crewella. Just told the three puss-kateers & I'm sure they're pleased too. Vivian
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Ruth B »

I'm glad to hear Crewella ok, I had noticed that she hadn't been on as well. I guess she just had a busy but hopefully happy Christmas and New Year.
catslave16
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by catslave16 »

Hoppy mew purr from Rufus Tuftypaws and me to all of you. He wasn't bothered about the fireworks at all, so I needn't have locked the cat flap.
He was bothered by my son 's presence. My son is 6'4" , quite a giant to a cat, and of course he has a much lower voice than me. Every time he came into the room Rufus scarpered - until I started reassuring him. On Boxing Day morning I found him outside the front door at 7 am. I discovered my son had switched off the cat flap at the socket, although I'd pointed it out to him and asked him not to, but he went to bed at 2 am after quite a few drinks so must have forgotten, so I assumed poor Rufus had been locked out for FIVE HOURS. He had something to eat, jumped on to my bed and spent an hour grooming himself, then slept for thirteen hours (not unusual for him). Now I've realised that when the cat flap is switched off it's actually open, so I don't know why Rufus was at the front door or for how long... The ways of cats are often inscrutable.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Hi there and a slighlty belated hoppy mew purr to Bob and the gang and you Bobbys girl and everyone else from Emily, Mouse, Molly and Shahi the royal python, and me of course :D

lol Mayday I'm glad the 'puss-keteers' are becoming famous :lol:

Very very glad too to hear news of Crewella, I've missed her too - if you're reading this Crewella, hoppy mew purr from me and the gang and Shahi sends a friendly squeeze and says don't work TOO hard; he never does :D
Mrs Kane
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mrs Kane »

Sofi says Hoppy *yawn* mew year. It took her this long to reply as her new Christmas blanket has had her in a Holiday coma.

No issues with fireworks this end. Sof is mostly just curious and stares out the window at the weird sparks. Then again she's used to loud unexpected noises from our upstairs neighbours. They're a**holes. (Latest on a**hole update: they decided to put in a new bathroom suite and go to their parents for Christmas. 9am-7pm drilling noisy fun for us!)
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Mrs Kane wrote:Sofi says Hoppy *yawn* mew year. It took her this long to reply as her new Christmas blanket has had her in a Holiday coma.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
No issues with fireworks this end. Sof is mostly just curious and stares out the window at the weird sparks. Then again she's used to loud unexpected noises from our upstairs neighbours. They're a**holes. (Latest on a**hole update: they decided to put in a new bathroom suite and go to their parents for Christmas. 9am-7pm drilling noisy fun for us!)
Charming! :roll: