Just a few questions

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
shepplms
New Cat Chatter

Just a few questions

Post by shepplms »

Hi, I have a 2 year old female cat called Christian who is completely grey and shorthair. Her mother is another cat of mine who is grey and white and very, VERY fluffy. So I know Christian can't be full British blue, but I am wondering if she is half at all? No idea who the father could be as her mother was the local tart before she was neutered haha!
When Christian was born I was so excited that I finally had an all grey cat because I had wanted a British blue for so long, so ever since she was a baby I just didn't leave her alone, cuddles all the time etc. Dolly (that's her mother) wasn't the best of mums and left her sister Eddie (who has sadly now passed) to do all the work as she had had a litter just a week before. Anyway, now Christian is older she is very much attatched to me, she follows me around like a little dog, she comforts me when I'm sad and she is always snuggled into me whenever she's near. Reading about the personalty of British blues it fits Christians persona perfectly. From what I've said, what do you think? Do you think she's half or am I just lucky to have such a pretty and well behaved cat? I know I've rambled on a bit here, just wanted to get all the info in
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Re: Just a few questions

Post by bobbys girl »

I'm no expert on cat breeds but a photo of you cat may help those on here who are in the know. My boy Bob is just your every day short haired mog - though being black and Irish he could be called a 'bog' cat! But he is extremely cuddly and thrives on affection. I think it's down to personality that breed.
shepplms
New Cat Chatter

Post by shepplms »

bobbys girl wrote:I'm no expert on cat breeds but a photo of you cat may help those on here who are in the know. My boy Bob is just your every day short haired mog - though being black and Irish he could be called a 'bog' cat! But he is extremely cuddly and thrives on affection. I think it's down to personality that breed.
Hi, every time I try to attatch an image it says the file is too big! Do you know if there is a way around that?
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by alanc »

Hi. You need to shrink the photo to a maximum width and length of less than 1000 pixels (preferably smaller). I use Photoshop to do this, but I believe some free programs are available on the internet (thought there was one recommended in the FAQ on here, but can't find it at the moment).
I too have a cat (a Maine Coon) who is officially described as Blue - she looks grey to me and everyone else! Any idea why grey cats are called blue?
shepplms
New Cat Chatter

Post by shepplms »

alanc wrote:Hi. You need to shrink the photo to a maximum width and length of less than 1000 pixels (preferably smaller). I use Photoshop to do this, but I believe some free programs are available on the internet (thought there was one recommended in the FAQ on here, but can't find it at the moment).
I too have a cat (a Maine Coon) who is officially described as Blue - she looks grey to me and everyone else! Any idea why grey cats are called blue?
Hey, thanks for your help! Nope no idea why they call them blue, to me Christian is almost silver. Reading about British shorthairs earlier it said apparently you can get lilac shorthairs! Very odd

Here are two pictures, one recent and one when she was a kitten :-)
Attachments
IMG_7492.JPG
IMG_7492.JPG (91.17 KiB) Viewed 1024 times
IMG_7491.JPG
IMG_7491.JPG (67.42 KiB) Viewed 1024 times