Blue footed Booby

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Blue footed Booby

Post by bobbys girl »

and I am NOT talking about the large gannet-like sea bird!

I'm working on an 'Artist's Impression' for a local Architect. He called yesterday 'could he have it before he goes away on Wed?' I've been out for most of the day but thought I'd do a bit before the daylight faded.

I was working away when it went dark, I looked up and Gracie was standing in the window blocking the light. 'Shift you'. It got light, I reached out to get another brush full of colour to find a great, big, fat, hairy kitty bottie sitting on the tile with all my paints on! :shock: I scooped her up an ran to the kitchen with her, dropped her on the tiled floor and shut the door before she could bolt back into the bedroom.

I went to get a wet cloth to clean her up, she ran around the kitchen and jumped on the table leaving a trail of blue and green footprints and a multicoloured bum print. You should have heard the din as I cleaned her, you'd think I was trying to put her through a mincer.

Needless to say that put an end to work for today. Cats eh! :roll:
Alice
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Re: Blue footed Booby

Post by Alice »

Never mind hearing the din Gracie was making - I think anyone in earshot might have heard a few choice words to add to their vocabulary!! :roll: :lol:
Judy Barnett
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Judy Barnett »

She was only trying to help. :lol: When Lysanda was still with us I'd just finished decorating the front room . I cleared everything away, wiped round and hoovered. By then it was getting dark and time to get tea on. Jim came home and as he walked in I proudly swooshed the curtains to and said, 'well what do you think'? , Very nice duck, but do you know there's a trail of footprints up the curtain'.
They weren't just up the curtain, they were all up the stairs, across our bed and on the windowsill where I found the little.....Angel looking like butter wouldn't melt. Fortunately, it was only emulsion and I was able to get most of it up. Aren't cats super ;)
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by alanc »

Well, it certainly made me giggle! But if Gracie wanted to be a proper "Blue" cat (like Tilly) she should have sat in the pot of grey paint! (Only pedigree cat breeders will understand the reasons for this.)
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Ohhh nooooo! :shock: :lol:

What is it with animals and decorating? Reminds me of the time the dreaded Leopard jumped from the top of the stepladder on to the pasting table and GLIDED the length of the paper I'd just pasted and fell off the other end... she played hell when I grabbed her to wash off her paws. Or the time my (moulting!) Alsatian flattened herself apologetically against my (just-finished) staircase panelling. Cherry-red gloss. Garnished with Hannah-hairs. I cleaned up the Alsatian and then went to work with tweezers ...

Lol Alan that reminds me of a magazine article I once read about a Burmese cat breeder who took some of her cats along to the local primary school to talk about them - you can imagine the sort of thing; 'this is a blue, this is a lilac' and so on.

The visit was a great success but one little girl burst into tears as the cats left. 'Where's the GREEN one? I didn't see the GREEN Burmese!'

Just try painting your walls green - you'll get a green cat ... :lol:

(Yes, I know - the best plan is to keep them shut away from the action. Ha. I SWEAR they get in under the door ... :x :lol: )
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

Sorry, but that did make me laugh! :lol:

A miracle of cross-breeding - a Blue-Footed Booby with a Baboon's bum by the sound of it! Cats, gotta love 'em! :D