World Spay Day, free spaying and neutering

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

World Spay Day, free spaying and neutering

Post by Ruth B »

Ok, its a couple of days late, but February 27th was World Spay Day. However I still wanted to mention it as our local Cats Protection branch, and hopefully others, are offering free spays and neuters until the 27th March. I'm not sure what the terms and conditions are, but if you or anyone you know has an unneutered cat and is struggling with the cost then please contact them.

The more cats that are spayed and neutered the fewer unwanted kittens being born.
vanilla
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: World Spay Day, free spaying and neutering

Post by vanilla »

Do they only do this once a year? I remember reading on facebook that my local Cats Protection had one in June. Does it vary for each branch?
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: World Spay Day, free spaying and neutering

Post by Ruth B »

I'm not sure about at other times, I just spotted that one when it was on, and as I always feel if it gets to just one person and they cat their cat spayed it is worth it. I think that was more of a global thing, I seem to remember it being mentioned on a Canadian and a US site I follow, and CP were just joining in. The best option would be to contact CP at any time and ask, even if they aren't holding a specific event they probably offer help with spays and neuters for those that can't afford it. In the end it is cheaper to pay for a single spaying then help raise and home the hundreds of kittens that cat would produce if left unspayed.