Meet Charlie and Will

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Meet Charlie and Will

Post by booktigger »

Got two cats from a new charity this week, given up by their owner, who thought they were brother and sister, but were indeed two brothers - fortunately the 'girl' was called Willow, so we have shortened it to Will. Both very timid, so need a lot of work to get them homeable. They are fine with being stroked, they just prefer it for you to approach them in their dark hiding space so probably easier timid cats. Both are longhaired, but they haven't been groomed, so they have had to be partly shaved. They didn't eat or toilet in the first 24 hours, and still don't like eating while it is light outside, which is odd.

Struggling with pics unfortunately - Charlie is ginger and white, Will is grey and white
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Re: Meet Charlie and Will

Post by bobbys girl »

Years before I ever had a cat, I was chatting to a neighbour about her kitten. She had Christened 'her' Holly, until the vet said she's a he! Quick re-think, HE was re-named Harley. I told her 'If I ever had a cat, I'd like a black one and I'd call it Willow - whether it was male or female ..... and that's just what happened. :D

Look forward to seeing the photo's.
Judy Barnett
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Judy Barnett »

I'm sure they'll settle down once they feel at home. And they have the added bonus of having each other. Give them a cuddle from me. :)
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

I'm sure they will - at the cattery they sat on each other but here I've only seen them together once.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

Charlie decided to venture on the windowsill yesterday, so he had a nice stroke, and both boys have let me brush them, which hopefully means I can keep on top of their coats going forward. They are both better at being stroked in their respective hiding places though, that's what we need to work on. Another positive was that Will ate the majority of his breakfast within 20 mins of it being put down, that's a first. Funny how Charlie has always been the more confident one, yet it's Will here who is. Although that could have something to do with his hiding place being a bit more accessible than Charlie's.
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Janey »

Aww it sounds like they’re getting a bit braver, it’s good that they have each other though.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

Had a fantastic evening with the foster cats last night - I'm amazed at how well and quickly they have come round, with what feels like such little work from me. Charlie realised he was allowed on my knee, so dived on it, and got that excited being fussed he nearly fell off (if I hadn't had my legs up to rest my foot, he would have!!), Will prefers to be like a dog and sit at the side of you - he will put his paws on your knee, but not much more. Will is the more playful of the two, and at supper time and breakfast, he came out straight away and came to meet me, while Charlie just watched. What is odd is the lack of interaction between the two of them - I had one either side of me this morning, but they acted like I was more important than their sibling.
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Janey »

Aww they sound lovely!
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

They are - I have pics, but they are too large to post on here, I'll have to spend some time working on them.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

Well, their vet visit yesterday has set Will back, he hasn't eaten much and has barely come out of his hiding spot. Charlie however has been on my knee purring.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

Will seems to be better - he has started spending more time in the top box, which is a lot easier to interact with than the bottom one, and he has started coming out as soon as he hears me walk in and accept a fuss - I have to prod Charlie to make him aware I'm there and that he will get a fuss if he comes out. Got Charlie's last matt out, just need to work on Will's now, but they are in an awkward place, and he doesn't like it.
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by meriad »

they sound adorable - I'm a sucker for the long haired cats

And now they're with you they have the best chance.

Fusses to them both
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

Aww, Charlie met met me at the door this morning - I normally have to prod him to get him to come out to see me. Think they could be ready for homing sooner than we expected. I'm not sure about homing them together though, Charlie is very dominant
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by MarkB »

A bit more magic from you and they will be boucning around and scared of nothing :D

Bobby's girl - one of our former cats, Willow (adopted in France by OH, sadly lost to CRD in 2010)
Attachments
IMG_1667.jpg
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

MarkB wrote:A bit more magic from you and they will be boucning around and scared of nothing :D
Hopefully - they are getting quite curious now, they've just heard a noise outside so both are on the windowsill
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

Thought I better do an update - Charlie is very dominant, so we thought about splitting them up, but when they went to the rescue last week for a photoshoot, Charlie was very stressed at being separated, so they both came back.

Charlie
1492445837144.jpeg
1492445837144.jpeg (110.76 KiB) Viewed 4955 times
Will
1492445857374.jpeg
1492445857374.jpeg (127.34 KiB) Viewed 4955 times
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by Mayday21 »

Hi Booktigger love the pics - Will's like my TC. We call them blue & white. I sometimes wonder with their white paws if they have a tad Birman in the mix. Fusses to them from me. Vivian
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

Yeah, he is a blue/grey. I did read years ago that 90% of greys have some pedigree somewhere in their background
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Janey »

They are lovely, glad they’re staying together :)
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

Janey wrote:They are lovely, glad they’re staying together :)
I'm not sure Will would agree at times, Charlie definitely would though. They are rarely together, unless they want to sit on my knee, and if there is a noise outside, they will both go and investigate.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

Poor Charlie and Will have been waiting 3 months for a new home, please pray they aren't waiting another 3 months