Is my cat happy

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Mapleg34
Returning Cat Chatter

Is my cat happy

Post by Mapleg34 »

I have recently adopted a elderly bengal female cat after her previous owner died. She has settled in brilliantly however I am constantly worried she isn't happy. She is so affectionate and will cuddle on my knee all night she eats uses her litter and purrs however she also gently bites me this isn't painful she doesn't seem to attack me but just has a good nibble. I've had a few cats and never had this but I've had them from being kittens this is my first adopted cat. She also bites at her claws on her back legs and seems to pull them when biting them, her tail is constantly twitching I am not sure if this is anxiety or excitement. I have fallen in love with my elderly lady and adore her I just need to know if she is happy . Any help :?:
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Is my cat happy

Post by Lilith »

Hi and welcome :)

Yes, some cats do give people 'love-nibbles' - little gentle affectionate purring 'bites' as if to say 'oh, I could eat you up'. Also, the claw-biting that you see is grooming - your cat is removing the old claw-sheaths, which you might have noticed lying around - cat claws shed an outer sheath, unlike human fingernails needing trimming and some cats do bite their claws for this reason.

I think your girl sounds to be enjoying her life and very happy indeed with you :D
Mapleg34
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Mapleg34 »

Thank you for this. It's makes me so happy to know she is happy I know I won't have her long with her age but if she can have a happy couple of last year's that all I care about x
Judy Barnett
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Judy Barnett »

my cat Georgia is always nibbling my fingers and manicures my nails as well as her own. It's a regular little nail bar we have going on here. :D
Didi
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Didi »

I get a quick arm nibble every day when I get home from work md give Bilbo a fuss, calling him a beautiful boy will do it every time :D
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by Mayday21 »

Hi Mapleg nice to read you've taken in an elderly female Bengal. Apparently they can be very territorial & the little nibbles may be her way of claiming you. Hope you'll be able to post pic of her soon. And her name? Fusses to her. Vivian
Mapleg34
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Mapleg34 »

Thanks everyone, I feel better knowing she is happy. Although she has been a bit odd today howling and crying almost constantly z