Disturbing dreams

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
issiandarchie+68
VIP Cat Chatter!

Disturbing dreams

Post by issiandarchie+68 »

Hiya, first let me assure you this is not a glum query, I'm always interested to read members experiences, would greatly appreciate your thoughts. As you are aware, my 2 cats Armand and Cody died suddenly and unexpectedly within 4 weeks of each other this time last year. Of course I miss them, but I am coming to terms with life without them. However, last Friday, the anniversary of Cody's death, I had a strange dream. In it, all 3 of my cats were lying on the bed in their usual positions. Gandhi at my feet, Armand in the crook of my knees and sweet gentle Cody in the crook of my arm. It all felt so real, wee Armand walked the length of me to drink out of the glass on the bedside cabinet, Gandhi shifted position onto my husbands pillow and Cody delicately washed her paw and then the tip of her tail.I could feel Cody's wet nose, smell her silky fur, watched as she jumped off the bed and groomed herself some more, all normal behaviour on a nightly basis. Then, just as I was saying to my husband 'tell me this is real and last year has been just a terrible dream' (bit Bobby Ewing in the shower but you get the gist), when Armand burbled and jumped off the bed, touched noses with Cody, both looked up at me, then together, strolled out of the bedroom door and vanished, just has my hubby got out of bed. Oh my heart ached and hot tears spilled down my cheeks. Not looking for sympathy but would love to know, as anyone else had a dream like this? What does it mean and how did you deal with it on waking? Strangely, despite the heartache, I would love to have this dream again.

Issi
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Re: Disturbing dreams

Post by Mayday21 »

Hi Issie I've had dreams about Mayday & my mum and have woken myself calling out for Mayday & mum at times crying. Worked out a pattern ie had these dreams when there was work stresses. Living on my own I used to talk to Mayday about things as I found she used to calm me. Btw I tried to pm you re your last post under Bereavement re: my friend but couldn't. I replied via your post under that topic. Caught up with them 3x which I initiated now will wait to see what happens next. And yes the dreams are quite real! If only. How's the travelling going? Fusses to old man Ghandi from me. Vivian
issiandarchie+68
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by issiandarchie+68 »

Hi Vivian, how very odd that you couldn't P M me, I'll look into that. Dreams are funny things, either very frightening or very soothing. My mum used to say I could right a book about mine. Wish I had known Mayday, a lovely cat, much adored, not surprised you still dream about her, happy dreams I hope. Minimal travelling so far.We have sold the house, waiting for completed Missives on our new place. We love this Victorian flat but family are happily settled, just us and my boy Gandhi remaining, so downsizing. ( I think I have told you all this but, one of the joys of old age is being able to bore people with impunity :) ) Ah yes..dear Gandhi. As always, he has gleefully accepted your hugs and kisses, flopped on the desk, twice gently bitten my hand so he can play with the 'mouse', get my undivided attention. He's a big cat as you know, more like a dog in that he retrieves soft sponge balls when thrown, responds to clicked fingers and is very cuddlesome. But still his own master, If he wants to get somewhere, it doesn't matter what's in the way, 7kg of cat just walks right through/over it. Cody was entirely different, she could warp her little body around a vase of flowers and not cause a ripple. In her entire life, I never once saw her knock anything over. Armand was more like 'who was that masked man?' as he flew by, loudly chattering, but he too was delicate. I still log on to CC once a week, read about other Cats and their human pets, although I don't contribute much. Better go, left a pair of denims on the sofa and dear Gandhi has now got himself stuck down one of the trouser legs! He's making a heck of racket, most indignant.. Stay in touch, love talking to you.

Issi
xxx
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mayday21 »

Hi Issie loved reading your post. And yes Mayday was special - she loved rockmelon. Used to smell it in the fridge & when I was cutting one she'd tap me on the leg until I gave her a piece :o more fusses to a Ghandi & pm me anytime. I'm off to a Little Paws cat show; helping judges with getting cat out & wiping down tables. Not entering my four butbpresident of LP has three - Seniors/Vererans & Companions sections Must fly. More fusses to Ghandi. Vivian
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

issiandarchie+68 wrote:Better go, left a pair of denims on the sofa and dear Gandhi has now got himself stuck down one of the trouser legs! He's making a heck of racket, most indignant.. Stay in touch, love talking to you.
:lol: :lol:
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Lilith »

Lol that made me laugh too :lol:

Reminds me of two corn snakes who I kept together (both females, equal size, fed separately of course to prevent snakey misunderstandings: My Mouse!) and once when one of them shed her skin, I was amazed to see the skin moving ... her housemate had got inside it!

Hi Issi, as a Pagan I'd say that what you've had is a 'release' dream. Cody and Armand have come back to you to say goodbye for the time being, and you've been chosen to let them go (again for the time being; I'm certain you'll all be reunited in the future.)

Sometimes, if the bereaved person is still too shocked and numb, the person or animal who has passed on will visit a friend or relation in order to say goodbye.

I feel dreams are very significant, although so many of them can arise from wishful thinking, anxiety and stress, with some of them you just (for want of a better word) know.

I once dreamed a release dream while the cat was still young and healthy: I was high up on some cliffs, in strong sunshine; the path was sandy and golden and here and there were small black snakes, peaceably basking, like benign guardians. The atmosphere was intensely happy; it was a sort of paradise, but I woke in tears, knowing that sometime in the future I would have to give my cat up and let her go to this peaceful golden place. She lived to be an old lady and I miss her, but I'm certain I'll be reunited with her on that cliff, and everyone else too.

I'm so glad you could have such a real and intense visit with Armand and Cody. I feel sure you will meet them again x
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mayday21 »

Hi Lilith re your post below. I pray this is so. What joy we would experience!! And as always you post such calming insights.

"Hi Issi, as a Pagan I'd say that what you've had is a 'release' dream. Cody and Armand have come back to you to say goodbye for the time being, and you've been chosen to let them go (again for the time being; I'm certain you'll all be reunited in the future.)"

Btw Little Paws had a successful cat show yesterday champion for Veterans, champion for Bench your Cat (Stevie (after Stevie Wonder) around 9mths was born without eyes (genetic & mother's been caught & speyed in a Qld country town) & lives with Deb the President - he's amazing) and scored Grand Champion for Companions - Columbus a 6-mth old Black & White. My feet/legs very sore on arriving home late yesterday.

Vivian
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Lilith »

Aww thanks Vivian :)

The cat show sounds great, but poor Little Stevie; glad his mother was located and cared for too.