help needed after I come out of hospital please

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
SheilaB
New Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 10

help needed after I come out of hospital please

Post by SheilaB »

Hi, my name is Sheila and I am the proud owner of 10 rescue FIV strictly indoor cats.
Unfortunately I have to go into hospital in July/August this year for orthopaedic surgery to my hip and leg and as I live alone and have been advised that I will be immobile for several weeks post surgery am really worried about how I will look after my babies.
I have someone who will live in the house for the 5 days that I am actually in hospital but will have difficulty when I come out. I live in a 4 floor house and feed and have litter trays on all floors.

Does anyone know anyone local that may be prepared to come in twice a day to feed and do the litter trays to help me?
I live in Westbrook, CT9 any help would be very much appreciated.
Thank you
07969 997551
vanilla
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: help needed after I come out of hospital please

Post by vanilla »

Maybe try a cat sitting company? Neighbours can't help out?

Don't know what else to suggest.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: help needed after I come out of hospital please

Post by Lilith »

I sussed out a local cat sitter (in W Yorks) because I was worried about the cats not having any support if I had to go into hospital. He quoted me £8 for one daily visit, £15 for twice daily. That was for 3 cats and a royal python. In the short-term I reckon that's pretty reasonable. As it turned out I never had to ask him, but I think it would be cheaper than and preferable to catteries.