Adoption then holiday

Queries and discussions about cat rescue & rehoming
emmab
VIP Cat Chatter!

Adoption then holiday

Post by emmab »

I have posted on another page on here but hoping for new feedback please in this section of the board?We adopted a cat 5 weeks ago and he had a few suspected health issues and required a few visits to the vet which he hated. We honestly thought he was going to be put down but defied the vets probable diagnosis and seems well now apart from underlying hig protein levels, so the vets are stumped really on what he has or had. The fever has been put down to stress in the car as he was very well and eating. His fever went whilst he was settled at the vets. He is fine and settling in well. He is a little unsettled when I am going out as he thinks he is going to the vet bless him! Anyway, we were planning a big holiday in 2 weeks time but his illness has knocked our confidence to go away. We don't want him stressed atm and I do worry badly about my cats anyway which is my own fault. We would dearly love to go away and our neighbour has said she will be happy the cattery having her number if there is a problem. However are we being cruel thinking of a holiday so soon after adoption and his health issues? My main problem is worrying over my cats...my husband says I am awful with this around holiday time! He gets on reasonably well with his new sister although still prefers his own space although they are more than happy eating together and sleeping near each other. Should we be contemplating a holiday or are we being mean? My husband says the call is on me as he knows I worry and also was not aure if it was a good idea him (the new adoption not my husband ) going to to the cattery whilst we go away? Please help! Are we being too protective over our cats?