Abyssinian cat missing from Blythburgh, Suffolk. Last seen 9 March - FOUND!

Post details of LOST CATS here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
Dalcassian
New Cat Chatter

Abyssinian cat missing from Blythburgh, Suffolk. Last seen 9 March - FOUND!

Post by Dalcassian »

My 8 month old Abyssinian kitten (male, neutered) went missing from my home in Blythburgh, Suffolk on Thursday 9 March. He's mostly an indoor cat, and definitely not a wanderer, but we live in an area with a lot of holiday lets, and Freddie is a very curious cat, which makes me suspect he may have stowed away in a holidaymaker's car, so could now be a long way from home. He's a very small, ruddy (brown) Abyssinian with very big ears and yellow eyes. He loves people, and is likely to be eager to make friends if not too spooked by being lost. I'm particularly worried about him because he's not been well recently and is already underweight and not in any state to go long without decent feeding, so I'm desperate for any information that might help me get him back home safely. Thank you for any help you can offer.
Last edited by Dalcassian on Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cat-FAQ
Cat Chat Adviser

Re: Abyssinian cat missing from Blythburgh, Suffolk. Last seen 9 March

Post by Cat-FAQ »

If you haven’t already seen Cat Chat’s Lost & Found advice page, the information there might help:
https://www.catchat.org/index.php/cat-m ... lost-found
Dalcassian
New Cat Chatter

Re: Abyssinian cat missing from Blythburgh, Suffolk. Last seen 9 March

Post by Dalcassian »

Thank you!
Dalcassian
New Cat Chatter

Re: Abyssinian cat missing from Blythburgh, Suffolk. Last seen 9 March - FOUND!

Post by Dalcassian »

Freddie came home yesterday after staggering into a stable yard about eight miles from home, half starved and with a nasty leg injury, but expected to make a good recovery. The wonderful people who found him took him straight to their vet, who scanned his chip, and I was able to pick him up within the hour. So happy and relieved. Thank you to everyone who kept an eye out for him while he was missing, and for the helpful advice on the CatChat lost cat page.
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Janey »

That’s great news :D glad to hear he is home.
Samis Mummy
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Samis Mummy »

Dalcassian wrote:Freddie came home yesterday after staggering into a stable yard about eight miles from home, half starved and with a nasty leg injury, but expected to make a good recovery. The wonderful people who found him took him straight to their vet, who scanned his chip, and I was able to pick him up within the hour. So happy and relieved. Thank you to everyone who kept an eye out for him while he was missing, and for the helpful advice on the CatChat lost cat page.
I'm glad to hear you've found Freddie and he was taken to the vet...how bad is the leg? My cat came home with two broken legs...one is ok, one he might still loose in a few months.